Choosing a pre-cruise area for Cape Liberty Port

BHP_YVR

First time cruising out of Cape Liberty on Anthem for March 2019. We plan to fly into JFK arriving early morning the day before our cruise. There will be 8 of us (including 2 seniors and 2 kids) so probably getting 2 uber to a hotel either in Manhattan or Elizabeth NJ by the Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall.

Since we are arriving so early, we will leave luggage at the bell desk and either (1) go shopping at the outlet mall if we stay in New Jersey or (2) go sightseeing if we stay in Manhattan.

We are planning to stay 2 nights post cruise before flying out of JFK.

Any experience staying around the Mills at Jersey Gardens? It's cheaper and closer to Cape Liberty. Any recommendations?? Or should we pay more for a hotel in Manhattan on the pre-cruise night? I would imagine transport costs to Cape Liberty will be higher from Manhattan than NJ.

First time cruising out of Cape Liberty on Anthem for March 2019. We plan to fly into JFK arriving early morning the day before our cruise. There will be 8 of us (including 2 seniors and 2 kids) so probably getting 2 uber to a hotel either in Manhattan or Elizabeth NJ by the Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall.

Since we are arriving so early, we will leave luggage at the bell desk and either (1) go shopping at the outlet mall if we stay in New Jersey or (2) go sightseeing if we stay in Manhattan.

We are planning to stay 2 nights post cruise before flying out of JFK.

Any experience staying around the Mills at Jersey Gardens? It's cheaper and closer to Cape Liberty. Any recommendations?? Or should we pay more for a hotel in Manhattan on the pre-cruise night? I would imagine transport costs to Cape Liberty will be higher from Manhattan than NJ.

What exact dates do you need rooms precruise and post cruise? What is your hotel budget? How many people per room and bed size requirements?

I'm guessing you might be from Vancouver, BC, so I understand why outlet shopping would be a priority.

It's all about balancing time, money, and stress for hotel and transport costs. Your exact dates are crucial. Jersey City may also be a viable option for you.

What exact dates do you need rooms precruise and post cruise? What is your hotel budget? How many people per room and bed size requirements?

I'm guessing you might be from Vancouver, BC, so I understand why outlet shopping would be a priority.

It's all about balancing time, money, and stress for hotel and transport costs. Your exact dates are crucial. Jersey City may also be a viable option for you.

We haven't decided on the dates yet. Sunday Mar 3, 12 nights itinerary looks good but we're also considering Friday Mar 15, 8 nights itinerary because the kids will love cococay and the bahamas Atlantis resort stops.

Try Residence Inn or Embassy Suites in Elizabeth NJ avoid Country Inn & Suites...personal experience last October for our pre-cruise on Anthem.

Thanks, we'll probably stay in NJ for pre-cruise and pay the premium for a couple of nights post-cruise in Manhattan

Thanks, we'll probably stay in NJ for pre-cruise and pay the premium for a couple of nights post-cruise in Manhattan

In addition to Embassy Suites and Residence Inn, the Courtyard Elizabeth is also on International Blvd near the Jersey Gardens Mall.

Country Inns has been under renovation, so checking current Trip Advisor reviews is important. Rooms with 2 queen beds can be hard to find, so at least book a placeholder room if you need those beds. Country Inns has rooms than sleep 6 in three queen beds - 2 beds in one area and another queen in a separate area with microwave and fridge. I got one of those rooms once with a last minute booking - way more than I needed as a solo traveler! I think the Courtyard also has queen beds. With your large party I would call the hotels directly to see what they can do for you - booking online won't work if you need something special.

Queen beds are even more scarce in Manhattan, so do your research there and book something early. Look at the La Quinta on 32nd St near Herald Square, Macy's, and the Empire State - it has Queens and is within walking distance of Times Square and near a subway station with multiple lines to many places in Manhattan.

Edited by 138east

You're very welcome...a good idea to do post cruise in Manhattan. You might consider checking out the Radisson Martinique ...great hotel and perfect location in the city.