Video of wild seas on Jewel Transatlantic

bhughey

Hello all! Below is a link to some video taken while on a Transatlantic Cruise aboard the Jewel of the Seas in May '05. We were about 800 miles from Lisbon, Portugal and 7 days into our cruise. Pay no attention to my appearance in the video - I had *just* woken up after a late night in the disco!

Click the following link: http://home.carolina.rr.com/jralaw/

and make sure to select the "transatlantic.wmv" file to view the video.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all! Below is a link to some video taken while on a Transatlantic Cruise aboard the Jewel of the Seas in May '05. We were about 800 miles from Lisbon, Portugal and 7 days into our cruise. Pay no attention to my appearance in the video - I had *just* woken up after a late night in the disco!

your video convinced me to take a transatlantic, i wanna have a day of water like that. seems exciting

Nice video! Kinda hard not to pay attention to you though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this totally allowed, but this picture was posted in another area concerning the same cruise. (I will certainly understand if it gets deleted, but I figured it was appropriate.)

You know, old age is something. I just realized that you were talking about the Jewel and I posted a picture concerning the Pearl. Sorry about that.

I do wonder if there's something about NCL's TA crossings that invites hurricanes.

We'll see when the Gem does on its TA this December to Boston.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

You were in what we call ,heavy seas', this is why people love cruising , you're not sitting in a hotel! I was in a gale off the coast of Cape Hatteras on a HAL ship, my first cruise,1991! I enjoyed my neighbor's drink in the bar in the crow's nest!! Great shooting, thank your husband. Rgds PD

• 2 months later...

OMG!:eek: Was that North Atlantic?? We are doing our first TA Rome to FLL and that makes me VERY nervous........... Where did sail from/to?

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Norwegian Dawn on its maiden voyage across the Atlantic in December weather, like the video and we loved every minute!

So much so, we are doing it again in December from Barcelona to Boston!

Speaking of the Bearing Sea and the mention of, "Imagine being on a small ship in that", I just watch After the Catch, where they show clips of different Deadliest Catch shows on Discovery Channel and saw some rogue waves smash into those little crab boat.

I've been in rough seas once before, edge of a hurricane coming up the EC near where the St Lawrence river empties out into the bay/atlantic ocean. It wasn't fun. I was the only one not to get sick, but that ship tossed and turned (ship was the Veracruz) and was a tiny little thing to begin with.

Great video and some great shooting by your husband. I'm right up the road in Cornelius on the lake... :)

Archived