A Blast From the past!

DarthGrady

Hello fellow Carnival cruisers! I'm currently back onboard the Grand Celebration, formerly (plain old) Celebration when she was with Carnival. The ship is still looking great, her new owners, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line in Palm Beach, are treating her very well. Since my last time onboard, they've converted the disco into a part-time sports bar, added a bar to the top sun deck, and added an ice cream counter to the old promenade cafe. Just wanted to give a quick update in case she has any old school fans still on the boards. Bon voyage everyone!

606d2f5cafd6e028b920c1d228934aca.jpga655b5f82e04a0e73ce865e0eda35e48.jpg7aa76aa204c49ec55397dd2fa317559f.jpgec3943dc9de576627fd300f82664be23.jpgedd18fcde43fd4711d5ba67b97f4918a.jpg33bd7ea7a08522668971708729842f19.jpg

Our first cruise was on the celebration when she was only 6 months old. And we have her to thank for the next 51 cruises
Cool. My first was on the old Majestic with Premier Cruises. Unlike Celebration, she met a very unfortunate end. She was doing cruises in Asia toward the end of her career, and eventually sank after being abandoned by her owners.

Thanks for sharing, Grady. It still looks so Carnival.

It still feels very much Carnival onboard. The crew has heard they may add a third ship, I'm hoping they buy the old Holiday and bring the sisters back together. Especially since Jubilee got scrapped.

The grey card in your is a room key
Yes indeed! A relic of a now bygone era.

It still feels very much Carnival onboard. The crew has heard they may add a third ship, I'm hoping they buy the old Holiday and bring the sisters back together. Especially since Jubilee got scrapped.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the nostalgia, Grady!

I hope they do save Holiday.

I always loved Holiday.

Met my wife on the Celebration and also married her in the library on the Celebration 2 years later. Many,many fine memories of that wonderful ship, including the Red Hot Piano Bar and even all the exposed pipes in the Lido Buffet overhead. Sailed on her 4 times. Miss her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder why the Jubilee got scrapped since the Holiday is an older ship?

Our first cruise was on the Jubilee and we actually had a metal key for the cabin door.

I wonder why the Jubilee got scrapped since the Holiday is an older ship?

Our first cruise was on the Jubilee and we actually had a metal key for the cabin door.

From what I read, no companies were interested in buying her when her last operator went out of business. She was then sold for scrap. So I guess it was just bad timing. I've also read the former Holiday is for sale, so I hope she doesn't meet the same fate.

I love the smaller ships myself, and hate to see them all being retired. I'm dreading the day that CCL retires the last Fantasy Class ship as they're my favorites.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the nostalgia, Grady!

I did, it was a great cruise overall. Many people are turned off by that cruise line's constant upselling. But it's really no different that flying a low cost airline. We just give a polite "no thank you" to the upsells and enjoy the trip!

Thank you, this was very helpful to me. My SO saw the television advertisement, then I found a Groupon - 2 people for $199 most dates through the end of July, port fees $68 each, gratuities $12.95 pp per day, and parking $19 per day. Looks like a good time for a total of $425. Especially during July, when there are no "summer demand" price increases on this ship.

Thank you, this was very helpful to me. My SO saw the television advertisement, then I found a Groupon - 2 people for $199 most dates through the end of July, port fees $68 each, gratuities $12.95 pp per day, and parking $19 per day. Looks like a good time for a total of $425. Especially during July, when there are no "summer demand" price increases on this ship.
No problem, have a good cruise!