Carnival excursion prices

MommyAJ6

I saw that some excursions go on sale occasionally. If I book a Carnival excursion now for a cruise 8 months away, and it goes on sale between now and then, will they refund the difference?

Just like the ES price protection you need to monitor the excursions for price fluctuations yourself, then cancel your existing excursion and repurchase. You might be able to contact the excursion department by email, to see if they can just adjust the price without the whole cancel/repurchase rigamarole. If once on board the price of the tour is less than what you paid already (good to have confirmation page) just visit the excursion desk a refund of the difference will be issued as OBC.

With that said Carnival rarely does put excursions on sale like other lines do. The best pricing I have seen on their offerings is the bundle sale they do the first 48 hours after you make a booking, where you save 15% off select excursion but you must buy 1 for each of the 2-3 ports shown in the pop-up box (and directly from the pop-up). The few other times I've seen a price drop on excursions is after a natural disaster has happened to the port or island and that a significant portion of the tour is changed.

If you ask they might. Worst case, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Remember, too, to see if your excursion is offered by another vendor for a lower price. Carnival will, if the excursions match, refund you 110% of the difference in the form of OBC. They did that for us for our upcoming June cruise. Takes a little leg work on your part, but worth it!

If you ask they might. Worst case, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Remember, too, to see if your excursion is offered by another vendor for a lower price. Carnival will, if the excursions match, refund you 110% of the difference in the form of OBC. They did that for us for our upcoming June cruise. Takes a little leg work on your part, but worth it!

This.

I spent around 10 minutes looking for a comparable 3rd party match for our excursions. I found a couple that were a close match but not exact. One didn't even include transportation to the excursion site. I rolled the dice and sent them to Carnival anyway. A couple of days later I get emails that both were approved. $50 more in my pocket. [emoji1303]

If anyone is doing the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, they will offer you 50% off of any package via chat. I forgot that I had the page open and when I went back there the offer was listed in the chat box. All packages include a buffet, drinks, snorkeling, but the VIP package supposedly includes entry into the park and a special VIP restaurant/beach area. It looks like the taxi is $10 each way, but you can use the facility all day. I'm not sure if Carnival will honor chat promotions, but wanted to pass the info on in case you guys could save more $.