Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Bill, could you remind me how to get the most updated spreadsheet for a ship? Not from the links at the beginning of the thread, I think? At least the Mariner one I just opened is pretty empty. I realize that many of the reviews have been for PH and named suites, but I see very little information here. Has this been lost? I posted about a suite on 8 a couple of years ago and it's not there. I suspect I'm not looking at the right data?

If this thread is no longer being maintained, let's unpin it, shall we?

I would like to see this thread continued. I believe there is a way to see the posted comments on a particular ship.

If you read the first post and select the ship you can review the cabins posted. SinceBill is only one person I can understand why the suite information is not posted in real time.

I would like to see this thread continued. I believe there is a way to see the posted comments on a particular ship.

If you read the first post and select the ship you can review the cabins posted. SinceBill is only one person I can understand why the suite information is not posted in real time.

Perhaps Bill will comment. I did that, as you say above, and for Mariner, there is only one review posted, the rest are blank.

Please note that there are reviews for multiple decks on the Mariner, as well as other ships. Since Bill is the only person maintaining this great spreadsheet, let us be patient and wait for him to update it!

Yes, of course, and perhaps there are later links hidden in the thread somewhere. In fact I posted one of the Mariner reviews myself, a couple of years ago.

Sorry Bill, I figured out how the spreadsheet works--didn't notice the sheet tabs at the bottom.

Turns out that this is quite useful for some types of cabins, but not so for deck 7. Oh well, was just wondering since I'm considering a WC and thought I might find something out.

Sorry for the kerfuffle.

• 2 weeks later...
Bill, could you remind me how to get the most updated spreadsheet for a ship? Not from the links at the beginning of the thread, I think? At least the Mariner one I just opened is pretty empty. I realize that many of the reviews have been for PH and named suites, but I see very little information here. Has this been lost? I posted about a suite on 8 a couple of years ago and it's not there. I suspect I'm not looking at the right data?

Wendy - I've been maintaining these spreadsheets based on what I have received from CC users either via posts on this thread or direct email. I don't know where you posted your information on that other suite but if I knew where it was I'd be glad to incorporate it into these sheets.

Keep in mind that Regent currently has about 1,300 cabins across their fleet with another 325 or so coming online in 2020. I can only update what people send me (I've offered to do in-person reviews on every cabin on every ship if Regent would just set me up on a semi-permanent basis but so far they haven't stepped up with an offer). :D

If you can point me to other existing reviews (preferably in a consolidated thread as I honestly don't have the time to scour years of posts for reviews scattered throughout the forum) I'd be glad to include them. Thanks!

• Like 1

Wendy, if you can provide me a link for that I'll paste it into the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Bill, sorry for the tempest in the teapot. I eventually figured out there were sheets for each deck, and my info is there, #829. My apologies.

I was kind of disappointed to see so few reviews of standard cabins, since I may be booking one any day now, in fact I have 746 on hold. But I have taken advice from my TA on this, so I feel better.

Thanks for doing all this work, and maybe we can encourage folks to comment on lowly G's and H's more often.

Bill, sorry for the tempest in the teapot. I eventually figured out there were sheets for each deck, and my info is there, #829. My apologies.

I was kind of disappointed to see so few reviews of standard cabins, since I may be booking one any day now, in fact I have 746 on hold. But I have taken advice from my TA on this, so I feel better.

Thanks for doing all this work, and maybe we can encourage folks to comment on lowly G's and H's more often.

Wendy, if you are asking about 746 on Mariner, we have it reserved for the Australia Circumnavigation, Dec.-Jan. Trip was booked late and our TA said it was a good option. I will send Bill the spreadsheet information when we return and am happy to answer any questions. Jan

We just sailed on Mariner from Vancouver to Seward, and we had cabin 745 on the starboard side of the ship; a G reservation. We had no complaints at all with this cabin. It was totally quiet, convenient to most restaurants and lounges, as well as to the tenders and gangway, via the stairs. Our cabin steward/stewardess pair were responsive to any request we had, and cleaned our cabin very quickly when we weren't there. We didn't spend much time by the pool (65 isn't a good temp for swimming when you live in Florida), but there was rarely a wait for elevators when going to deck 11 or 12, and since you're in the middle, you can chose either set of elevators based on where you're headed. For our second cruise on Regent, we've booked concierge amenities with a similar cabin. Since we didn't have it this time, we paid for the Pan-Pacific hotel at the port of Vancouver, as well as a taxi to the hotel. The hotel included taking baggage to the port (at the base of the hotel) and breakfast in the morning. It was extremely convenient, the food was good at the restaurant with other restaurants nearby, and our luggage was waiting for us onboard. But the cost was similar to paying for concierge amenities, and I'd really like to have a coffeemaker in our cabin. The Coffee Connection didn't open until 6:30 and wasn't very functional until 7:00.

Mariner 1081 SS Aft November 2017 1 1/2 bath.

Some noise from LaVeranda above early morning but only in living area.

Huge patio. Would definitely book again.

We normally book penthouse for extra space but took an upsale offer for this suite, very satisfied overall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Navigator 622

G

NCCruzQueen

9/18

Port

Fwd

301 f/28 m

Tub/Shower/Both

None, though roomie heard crew walking on the walkway outside our window occasionally

Yes

Love the location of Deck 6. Close to Coffee Connection and Navigator Lounge (our living room!). Great being on a low deck when high seas can be an issue. I've been over 200 nights on Navigator.

Had a terrific first-time experience on Regent. Cut and pasted Excel data on Voyager cabin 747 below. Here it is in another version:

Cabin 747; Category F; jlhalldc; 20-September; Starboard; Midship; 1 Bath; Both; Very quiet - minimal engine vibration; Yes - conveniently located; Great location and quiet - similar to Celebrity Sky Suite.

747 F jlhalldc 18-Sep Starboard Mid 1 Both Very quiet; minimal engine vibration Yes. Conveniently located. Great location and very quiet. Similar to a Sky Suite on Celebrity.

• Like 1

Had a terrific first-time experience on Regent. Cut and pasted Excel data on Voyager cabin 747 below. Here it is in another version:

Cabin 747; Category F; jlhalldc; 20-September; Starboard; Midship; 1 Bath; Both; Very quiet - minimal engine vibration; Yes - conveniently located; Great location and quiet - similar to Celebrity Sky Suite.

747 F jlhalldc 18-Sep Starboard Mid 1 Both Very quiet; minimal engine vibration Yes. Conveniently located. Great location and very quiet. Similar to a Sky Suite on Celebrity.

Posted, thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in 614 late September/early October '18. All the statistics are standard and there was no noise.

I normally have a veranda cabin but wanted to be near the friends I was traveling with on deck6. I didn't really miss the veranda due to the weather - chilly with some rain and liked deck6 as well b/c everything is so convenient.  I do prefer deck 8, mid-ships. I like to walk up the stairs but 4 flights to La Veranda is tough for me  so deck 8 - 2 flights up - works better for me.

Thanks for doing this!

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser

On 9/11/2018 at 6:35 PM, briar14 said:

Wendy, if you are asking about 746 on Mariner, we have it reserved for the Australia Circumnavigation, Dec.-Jan. Trip was booked late and our TA said it was a good option. I will send Bill the spreadsheet information when we return and am happy to answer any questions. Jan

Thanks Jan, will look for that.  Since we've booked that cabin for a World Cruise in 2021, it would certainly be nice to hear about it!

16 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks Jan, will look for that.  Since we've booked that cabin for a World Cruise in 2021, it would certainly be nice to hear about it!

Wendy, happy to do that for you. An email for me is janifer1147 at gmail.com, if you have questions. We are so looking forward to our trip. Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Voyager - Seven Seas Forward suite 929 (has extra half-bath)

No Noise (there is a hallway when you enter the suite -- the living room and bedroom are far away from the outside hallway)

Bath and Shower

Great suite - only downside was the balcony - too small!

• Like 1