I have died and gone to foodie heaven! ...

ArtsyCraftsy

On my first RSSC Cruise (3rd cruise overall, other 2 were Holland America), on the Mariner on the way to Ketchikan, and just had dinner in Sette Mari. Fantastic! Everything was excellent, and the wines were perfect. I’m still having trouble getting my head around the “all-inclusive” concept, and caught myself almost asking if I needed to sign something for the wine.

Honestly, I could eat in Sette Mari every night! But tomorrow, I have a reservation in Chartreuse.

Overall, I have no complaints at all so far. My cabin is lovely (a Concierge Suite near the aft elevators), very quiet, very comfortable.

On the wine-in-the-room question I had last week, I happened to mention to one of my cabin stewards that I love sitting on my veranda with a nice glass of Malbec or Pinot noir. Just mentioned in the course of conversation, not a request — I was just explaining my normal onboard routine, when I usually go to breakfast/dinner, how I spend sea days, etc. When he came in to do the evening turn-down last night, he brought a bottle of very nice Malbec!

I’m one very happy camper.

Lana (usually in Bellingham)

7c2debe716cd5f633de38d738da0b134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So good to hear that you are enjoying Regent (not surprised - just happy). Yes - Sette Mari it great but we are just as happy with Compass Rose. I've always said that the biggest problem with Regent is that once you sail on one of their ships, it is difficult to back to what you were used to.

Continue to enjoy every moment and post when you have the time.

Also from Bellingham.........

Seriously, the food/beverage situation may be enough to make me an RSSC loyalist. I found myself looking at the 2020 world cruise (the San Francisco version) this morning and found that the cabin I’m currently occupying is available (most categories are listed as “unavailable”). I’ve been looking for a cruise for early 2020, and this could be it. I’ve already booked a 68-day RSSC cruise for late 2020, also on the Mariner. So lots to think about.

So glad that things are going so well so far. As you have not yet been to Compass Rose, I just want to offer a word of warning. There is a major problem when dining at Compass Rose: Trying to decide what to order!

Way too many great choices!:D

Continue to enjoy!

Bob

Try the Veal Milanese at Setti Mare...

I’ll watch for it! Tonight they’re doing an Italian buffet, so no Sette Mari. I’ll do Compass Rose tonight, and maybe Sette Mari tomorrow. So many choices! I’m not sure I can do it justice in just 28 days. [emoji6]

Well this isn’t good ...

At dinner in Compass Rose, bit into a rather crusty bit of bread and broke a tooth — lateral incisor — no warning, it just cracked straight across almost all the way through, with some movement which i’m trying to keep to a minimum. No pain so far.

Ended up in Medical — nothing they can do; I need to see a dentist. Next port is Sitka, AK, on Monday (tomorrow is scenic cruising Hubbard Glacier). Medical is going to get in touch with the Sitka port folks and see if they can get me in to see a dentist there. If not, next port is Victoria, BC, on Wednesday and for sure we’ll be able to get a dentist there.

Bummer ... I had just ordered a stellar dinner and the sommelier had just poured a nice Sauvignon Blanc. Meanwhile, no biting, soft stuff only, etc. And they gave me a tiny little baggie in case it breaks all the way through (I suspect it will). Hoping for a temporary crown that will withstand the duration of the cruise until I get home on Oct 11. There are enough good menu choices that I should be OK making careful selections.

Oh sorry to hear this. Hoping you get a good dentist soon. I had the same thing happen a few months ago, and it was actually about a week after our cruise, so I was really lucky it was at home, but I can feel how you are too.

Keep enjoying the cruise and posting as it’s great to follow along. Jean.

I am so sorry this happened. I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago, but fortunately was at home. My dentist scurried around to quickly get me a crown as we were leaving on a Silversea cruise in two weeks, but she made it happen. In the meantime, I had to concentrate to eat on only one side of my mouth.

I did a little sleuthing and there appear to be at least 5 dental offices in Sitka, all centered around the downtown area, a 10-minute taxi ride from the dock. Onboard time is 2:30 PM, so there’s a chance I won’t be able to get in. In that case, the medical staff said they’d call ahead to Victoria, BC, and try to get me in to see someone there.

Just got a call from Medical as I was writing this, and I need to visit the office this evening between 6:00 and 7:30 to fill out paperwork so they can try to make the appointment tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed!

And a happy ending! RSSC’s port rep was able to get me an appointment with a local Sitka dentist at 11:15 this morning. They sent a car to pick me up at the end of the gangway and drive me to the appointment, and deliver me back to the gangway after it was over.

It’s a temporary fix but very sturdy and should easily last the remaining 24 days of the cruise and then some.

So the question of the day will be: Compass Rose? Or Sette Mari? (Leaning toward Compass Rose and a yummy dessert they’re offering today...)

I couldn’t be happier with how RSSC handled this from beginning to end. I still need to take it a little easy (no more biting into hard crunchy bread), but there are a lot of other menu options available.