4th Ship for Azamara

baytraller

Currently on the Journey (since Singapore) and just catching up with all the forum topics

The rumor on board is that Azamara has purchased a 4th R Class ship from Princess

But nothing official

Not sure if this new information to arrive in 2019

baytraller: did you hear it from a fellow passenger, or from a senior Azamara employee [keep it at that vague level so as not to get anybody in trouble]? I heard it directly from someone who should both should know and should know when it is too sensitive to pass on. And yes, it was also qualified as "not 100% certain yet."

I understand why both parties would not want to announce it this early, since Princess is still selling bookings through the end of 2019 and Azamara doesn't want to jinx the final deal. But it also works for Azamara to have the rumor spreading despite official denials [which are technically true, since there isn't a signed deal yet].

In any case, I hope it comes true. This is the last R-ship not in Azamara or Oceania hands, and R-3 will give Azamara a ship with the all-suite Deck 8 design [which I think they should retrofit to all of their ships].

According several very experienced Azamara guests the 4th ship is 100%

Whether they have purchased or have an option they were not sure

But in the end it may depend on forward bookings - if the bookings are poor

Then it would not make good business practice to introduce a 4th ship

Also Max, PapT, Sasha and Dimar at this time do not have new contracts with other cruise lines

The new electronic blackjack and roulette are a disgrace

Scantly clad female croupiers on a large screen constantly saying "Would you like to play with me"

I’d never believe what guests say even experienced ones but time will tell, they may be correct.

And I hope there’s not a short term fill at all costs mentality to justify personal goals of four ships.

I’m sorry these talented folks don’t yet have contracts, it will be hard for them to chase contracts whilst they are onboard, hopefully in March it will right itself.

As for scantily clad croupiers I’m speechless-an oft heard phrase elsewhere is “it’s not like that on Azamara”well up to now we’ve never had that to contend with onboard which is not at all what we would expect

Let’s hope it’s a very temporary aberration based on an inappropriate contract specification and that there will very quickly be a change in tone, dress and approach.

Otherwise DH who has never gambled in his life will be confined to the Living Room each evening for fear of having his head turned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scantly clad female croupiers on a large screen constantly saying "Would you like to play with me"

Isn’t it possible to just pull the plug?:evilsmile:

Tacky:mad:

That is very definitely not right for the ethos of Azamara. I wonder if senior staff onboard had any say in these, or if they were imposed from Miami (my guess is the latter). This is especially bad for an area that is the indoor thoroughfare between the front to the back of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Strange no one has ever commented on some of the costumes worn by the female ballroom dancers, who are not on a video screen but a foot or two away from some in the audience.

That is entertainment not propositioning

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Strange no one has ever commented on some of the costumes worn by the female ballroom dancers, who are not on a video screen but a foot or two away from some in the audience.

Ballroom dancers? Are you thinking maybe show dancers? Maybe nobody comments because they either like them or don't find them objectionable.

Ballroom dancers? Are you thinking maybe show dancers? Maybe nobody comments because they either like them or don't find them objectionable.

Plus they know that if you make a move on Alina, you'll soon be dealing with Alex! But sadly, the dancers are part of the entertainment that was cut.