Activities and Menus

aquafemme

Loved my first Azamara cruise and going on my 2nd on March 9 (10 day Cuba). I noticed a lot of cutbacks on my recent (Sept) Celebrity cruise and was wondering if RC has done that with Azamara as well. Will the instructed activities like water coloring and Bridge lessons still be available? Will the menus and room services still be luxurious? (On the Sept Celeb cruise instead of steak, salmon, + chicken the classics were beef stew, liver+onions, fish + chips.) What can I expect come March? I didn't find any current sample menus on the website. Please advise. Thank you.

My view is that if anything the food is even better than it was two years ago. Lots of little additions and improvements.

It very much depends on the itinerary how many activities are available but yes on my 15 night cruise at Christmas Patricia an excellent water colour teacher was onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’d agree that the food is better now in Discoveries (MDR) than it was a couple of years ago. The classics include Escargots, salmon, chicken & steak. We’ve had some outstanding meals on the cruise we’re on at the moment. Lamb in particular has been terrific. Also had a fabulous white Night buffet - lobster, steak, lamb, baked whole halibut, paella, frito misto and of course crepes Suzette.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies. On my first Azamara trip I thought dinner in the MR was quite good (desserts/baked goods not so much - a tad bland). But the starters and entrees were very good. Happy to hear water colour class is still offered as I found that and the Bridge lessons to be very enjoyable. Sounds like RC hasn't reduced amenities on Azamara (like they have on Celebrity) and I'm glad to hear that. Sailing again on the Quest which I consider very nice in appearance, size, services, and fellow passengers.