Celebrity cancels dive excursions at Grand Cayman

hillbilly73

We got a cancellation email from Celebrity for our dive excursion. Another passenger called and it looks like they are cancelling all dive excursions on Cayman. The 10:00 AM arrival and 6:00 PM departure makes a late arrival for morning dives, that is why we booked with the cruise line to begin with. Anybody else in the same situation and found an alternative?

Al

Hi Al,

thanks for posting. Got the same e-mail. We are on Silhouette Feb 18, 2018. What's your ship and sail date?

If anyone has any good referrals to share, I'm glad for the info. I would have preferred to stick with an official Celebrity excursion as it is my DD who will be diving and I'm more comfortable with that. The rest of us will be on a Stingray tour.

Does anyone know any more about either the timing or any other reasons?

Scanditaly

I'll be there in Late October on the Equinox. I'm booked with Epic Divers (http://www.epicdivers.com). I've not dove with them before, so I don't yet have a concrete review. However, they have been extremely responsive, and offer port pick up and return.

I'll try to remember this thread after my trip, and come back and let you know how things went.

Harris

Denver, CO

you can always shore dive at Eden or Sunset .... no schedule worries with either of these ... unless conditions prevent which does happen sometime .. but in those times few ships make the stop as tendering is a problem too

Thanks for the responses. One of the guys from our roll call contacted Epic we have 3 easy and we have another diver on the thread so we should be able to come with 4 at least in less than 24 hours since the email so hopefully more and we can work something out with them. Omeinv please report back after your trip. Capt_BJ we will shore dive if nothing else works out. Scanditaly we are on the Equinox the week before you guys. We did the stingrays in February it is blast.

Al

• 4 months later...
you can always shore dive at Eden or Sunset .... no schedule worries with either of these ... unless conditions prevent which does happen sometime .. but in those times few ships make the stop as tendering is a problem too

I know this thread is old and I may not get a response but no harm no fowl. Can you tell me if Eden or Sunset beaches are also good for snorkelling? We would like to just go on our own so we are not spending half the time waiting on others.

Thanks for your time. Sandy.

I know this thread is old and I may not get a response but no harm no fowl. Can you tell me if Eden or Sunset beaches are also good for snorkelling? We would like to just go on our own so we are not spending half the time waiting on others.

Thanks for your time. Sandy.

Eden is great for snorkeling. There are both steps and a ladder to enter the water. We walk to the Paradise restaurant and camp out there every time we visit Grand Cayman.