Beach Party and wet landings

azcruise

We are going to be on our first Windstar cruise in a little less than a month! We are taking the Star Breeze from Lisbon to Barbados, and then staying on for 14 days around the Caribbean back to Barbados. I have been reading everything I can find, and have read about a Beach Party on some cruises. Will we have on on one of our island stops, or is it just on the sailing ships? Also, can we expect wet landings at any of the islands? Thank in advance for any answers.

Jan and Mike

In my experience, all of our Caribbean cruises (both sailing and power yacht) have had a beach party, with the exception of a cruise from Colon to St. Maarten, which was largely a repositioning cruise and only stopped three times. The only wet landings we have ever had were in Costa Rica/Panama.

My favorite is the beach party on St. Lucia at Pigeon Island. Ship tenders everyone from the ship to shore. Small dock at the shore. Not a wet landing. Then a short walk to the beach. There are chaises, beach toys, music, and bbq lunch with fabulous food. It is not to be missed. The beach is beautiful....white sand and clear aqua water. Best beach party ever!

There is also a night time event called the BBQ. Not the usual food that you find at a BBQ. Lobster tails, shrimp, paella, roast beef, etc. It is an excellent buffet on the ship with live music and dancing. Every Windstar ship has the evening BBQ. It is usually held on a night when the ship is in a port. The best time is when it is held outside under the stars. When the weather isn't great, the BBQ is held inside. Also, the evening BBQ is not to be missed.