Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Margaret, what he has is not seasickness but motion sickness, alike but very different. Try him first with the seabands (non prescription, just uses pressure points). The behind the ear patches are great, but they are prescription. Bonnie is OTC & non drowsy. The stabilizers on the bigger ships definitely help with it too. Only time I feel off is on a glass bottom boat, & that's more of a depth perception thing for me. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Margaret, I've had that sleepy and achy feeling, but attributed it to the Bonine. I know it says non-drowsy, but I've always attributed my legs feel like lead to a few days of taking the medicine. Thanks, Melody, for explaining. I can't travel a 2-lane curvy road unless I'm driving. A pontoon in a good-sized lake makes me queasy unless I'm carefully scanning the horizon and my brother is great with a boat. Stabilizers, schmavilizers! My brain knows that larger vessels are more stable, but my belly sometimes doesn't gets that message. I'm jealous of y'all that travel easily. I love to travel, but I'm not an especially good traveler.

I'm glad you didn't lose out on your Cuba trip, Sally. I'm sure it will be a lovely adventure whenever you are able to go.

DH and I are meeting friends for a short bourbon and winery weekend. DH doesn't drink, so we've included a candy tour for his sweet tooth as a thank you for being our designated driver. Since we'll finally have a break in our 90+ degrees heat, I'll try to get a few pictures of my fall Light Spring Yang (Dramatic) Gamine self. I think I have enough items that fit the bill for a small weekend capsule.

DH and I are meeting friends for a short bourbon and winery weekend. DH doesn't drink, so we've included a candy tour for his sweet tooth as a thank you for being our designated driver. Since we'll finally have a break in our 90+ degrees heat, I'll try to get a few pictures of my fall Light Spring Yang (Dramatic) Gamine self. I think I have enough items that fit the bill for a small weekend capsule.

OMG, we're doing the same thing this weekend, maybe we'll run into you :eek: :whiskey-glass:

https://www.talbots.com/online/hexagon-lace-top-prdi43515/N-0?Ntt=lace&selectedConcept=

I've been looking at CafePress for a "bee" Tshirt to wear in place of a band T like I see folks wearing. I'm seriously considering this top. It's easy to wear, ivory is a great color for me and the hexagon shape looks like a hive to me. Since Deborah means bee in Hebrew, it may be just the amount of quirky I need for an outfit. I may be the only one that gets the joke, but that makes it even more fun sometimes. I'd wear it with jeans or my EF olive slouchy pants, a scarf for color with my jean jacket, and my Corral boots. I think it is an easy top to dress up or down, but will need to be careful since I have a tendency to wear my meals on my tops. LOL

Edited by aoknkentucky
typo

Today my DH told me I looked like a teenager. He must have meant it as a compliment, because his eyes twinkled as he said it. LOL I'm wearing this in Deep Aquamarine--

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1161...p-v-neck&csp=a

Because of the open cut-work, I'm wearing a whitish slip under it. It lightens the teal color a bit, but it still reads a little darker than my ideal light aqua. The model must be tall, because it falls almost to my knees. I love knowing I look good today at work in what only I know is a bathing suit cover-up. LOL It may seem really small to others, but growing up in a very conservative household--this is the tiny way I've been pushing boundaries all my life.

I'm wearing my brown short zip-booties and a long turquoise, copper, brown and teal 4mm bead necklace (colors change every five beads) with green patina copper elm leaf pendant. Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but I couldn't find anything similar online to link. My earrings look like this but the stones are set in a tiny gold rope design. It blends well with the turquoise stones and brighter copper colors in the necklace--

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...gyS6q9zNL9qKM:

At lunch, DH said he caught several guys looking at me. LOL He also said he's not sure if he likes the short boots with the dress. Did I mention that he is also very traditional and conservative? LOL

@Margaret. I'm back from Japan! Thank you so much for your previous, extremely thoughtful and helpful post where you convinced me that my international, long haul flights didn't have to be in my rearview mirror! XOXO

What can I say about the flight? It wasn't fun. It was doable. It was exhausting. AND, it was worth it!

We did bump into Delta Comfort+ which really, really helped. As my DSIL says, "economy sucks" and any little bit of extra leg room and comfort really helps a lot. We left Tokyo at 4:15pm and I immediately adjusted my watch (actually a Garmin Vivosmart) to midnight. <ugh> I then did the acupressure on the horary chart that we've discussed and I think (placebo effect?) that it helped! My activity monitor watch thingy indicated that I slept for 3-1/2 hours on the 9+ hour flight. I guess that was just enough to make me be kind of, sort of OK for this travel day.

Another thing that really, really helped is that I sprang for a Day Pass into the Delta Sky Club at SEA. Wow, what a difference that shower made! A beautiful space. We arrived in SEA at about 9:30am. Customs and immigration weren't horrible; the GE makes such a difference in that regard. We were down to baggage claim before a single piece of luggage was rotating. We had luck with one of our bags and waited for a bit for the other one, but not bad. We went to Starbucks to get a VENTI (you betcha!) latte with extra shot (Yes!) to help the wait to get rid of our luggage into Southwest's capable hands. They will accept luggage no more than 4 hours before a flight. So, on the dot, we entered the queue and gave them our checked bags.

Then, it was through security and I did a TSA no-no. In my addled state, I had put some water into my carryon and absolutely, totally, completely forgot about it! Ding, ding, ding. The TSA employee and I had a nice conversation. Then, on to the gate and the Sky Club.... and the snacks and the shower! Beautiful shower facilities. They partner with the Westin Hotel, so I had nice toiletries and nice, fluffy towels. Had to wait for 4 hours, until 2:30pm for the Southwest flight home.

EZ Southwest flight. Delayed departure by about half an hour, but on time arrival. Meet and greet at the airport and home very quickly. My pillow was calling my name. We both slept until noon the next day!

But, we are back in our time zone and doing really well. For traveling through such a time difference, I'm happy that it's only taken a few days for us to get back into a semblance of our daily routine.

So, bottom line.... I'm home. And my flight is booked to return to Tokyo in April. A day flight. So happy about that.

So glad you survived that horrendous flight so well Pam! I agree business or first class for any flight over 4 hours if at all possible & the airline clubs. Can’t wait for your trip report. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pam, I look forward to hearing about your trip. For now, I am mostly doing cruises to various parts of the Caribbean, so I love to hear about other places that I hope to visit someday.

Please post photos, if you can. I had a really rough time with that, because I'm not willing to pay the high cost of Photobucket. I've been working on another one that Anita suggested, but I've been too busy to get back to it and test it out.

Love the bead work on the hat, Melody. Great color!

I'll echo everyone else, Pam. Sure would like to hear about your trip.

Kim took all the pictures of our time together, so I'll let her post them and comment after. We had a wonderful time. You know what it's like when you have a friend and your DH tolerates her DH because he loves you? Or, the other way around when you spend time with another couple because your DH has this friend? That's not the case when we get together with Kim and her DH. Our guys genuinely like each other too, I think. At least mine had an excellent time this weekend! We toured a couple of bourbon distilleries that offered yummy Rebecca Ruth candies at each tasting. So we scrapped the candy-making tour and took a look at the Capitol's Floral Clock. I've wanted to see that thing since 5th grade when I saw a picture in a library book. Heck, maybe it was an encyclopedia. It was simply too long ago to remember correctly. So, bucket list item--check!

We spent the evening at a winery where we had a wine tasting, dinner and the last summer concert of the season. We had a marvelous time!!!

Pam, I'm so very happy that this trip went a little smoother for you. :D A big hug back to you for having the courage to take another stab at it after your last miserable experience. Can't wait to hear about Japan and (hopefully) see some photos!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay in posting our photos. I've been wrapped up and all consumed in choosing new paint for our family room and behind our bookcases. I HATE to choose paint colors! It makes me a nervous wreck. Silly, isn't it????

I'm going to attempt to share a couple of photos from our bourbon weekend trip with our DH's. We had a great time! We sampled bourbon and wine, ate, ate and ate more, talked, talked some more and talked about our upcoming cruise in February and just had a delightful time. Our DH's really do like each other and get along great as Debbie mentioned, thank goodness.The weather was absolutely perfect!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wlD6iOHY6M9IbZbW2

Wonderful photos! That must have been so much fun! I usually have something fun planned for a weekend in fall, but not this year. I'm feeling a bit under the weather now but if I am up to it, my daughter and I are going apple picking. That would be great. She was mentioning a pumpkin patch also.

You two did well with your colors also. I find myself paying a lot more attention to the subcategories - soft spring, true autumn, etc.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Your photos are great! Love the outfits.

We’re going to the North Pole on Saturday to visit Santa. Anyone 60 or over gets in free. Brilliant marketing strategy. The 3 younger grands are excited (they know Papa will ride all the rides with them.) I think he’s more excited than the kids [emoji6]. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all you FIRE regulars, and you know who you are... and I know who you are...

I wonder if any of you would like this Sigrid Olsen size 12 skirt. It has turquoise, fuschia, orange, and a bit of yellow in it. The picture is a little on the light side, the colors are more vibrant IRL. If no one wants it, it's going to the thrift store. I think I only wore it twice. 19.5" long, 34" waist.

SigridO.JPG.14dabcbb74679219a771096e1e359aca.JPG