Cruise Ships departing NY or NJ in 2014

Deenkid

Does anyone know of any 7 to 10 night cruises going to the Caribbean out of either New York or New Jersey (Baltimore, too) in 2014? We want to avoid air fare is possible. I have searched and cannot find any at this time. Maybe they haven't listed itineraries yet for June but since we will be a large group, I wanted to get a jump start on my options. Thanks for any help!

The problem is you're looking for Caribbean cruises starting in June. They simply aren't run from the NY area in the summer. You'll find lots of 7 day Bermuda cruises and 7 day Bahamas cruises at that time of the year, but most cruise lines only do the longer Caribbean itineraries in the winter.

Does anyone know of any 7 to 10 night cruises going to the Caribbean out of either New York or New Jersey (Baltimore, too) in 2014? We want to avoid air fare is possible. I have searched and cannot find any at this time. Maybe they haven't listed itineraries yet for June but since we will be a large group, I wanted to get a jump start on my options. Thanks for any help!

There are many cruises to choose from for that time period and yes you can book them now. There are sailings available out of New York for the Bahamas and Bermuda cruises. However, the Caribbean sailings are only available out of Cape Liberty (New Jersey) for the Caribbean from Jan to April. Same goes for Baltimore

There is also a Bermuda cruise out of Boston (this might be further than you would like though)

Now would be a great time to look into booking your cruise - so many options for you.

You are asking for the "Caribbean" in June which eliminates Bermuda since that island is nowhere near the Caribbean. As to Caribbean cruises out of the NY area in June, you might get a good indication by looking at June 2013. In that month the only Caribbean cruises are on the Explorer of the Seas (this ship routinely cruises out of Bayonne) and a Carnival ship that goes out of NYC. Both those lines are likely to continue doing these type Caribbean cruises in 2014.

Hank

You are asking for the "Caribbean" in June which eliminates Bermuda since that island is nowhere near the Caribbean. As to Caribbean cruises out of the NY area in June, you might get a good indication by looking at June 2013. In that month the only Caribbean cruises are on the Explorer of the Seas (this ship routinely cruises out of Bayonne) and a Carnival ship that goes out of NYC. Both those lines are likely to continue doing these type Caribbean cruises in 2014.

Hank

Did the Explorer twice in June, 9 days .... did Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Puerto Rico.

Norwegian Gem will go to the Bahamas on Saturdays (7-days). I think the Caribbean would take an 8-day or longer cruise. I suspect Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas (or similar or maybe even larger ship) will do 9-day Caribbean cruise in June, 2014 from Bayonne, NJ. Carnival might also from Manhattan -- they are doing this in June, 2013 on the Splendor.

• 7 months later...

The 2014 cruise schedules are in fact posted. RCL (Royal Caribbean offers 7-days to Bermuda, the Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean from the port of Baltimore. RCL also has 5,7,8, 10 and 11 day cruises to the Caribbean and New England from Cape Liberty New Jersey. Are you and your large group "freestylers"? NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines) in the cruise schedules in New York. Both the Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Breakaway sail to the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Canada. NCL cruises depart from New York all year-round. Hope this helps. Cruise Professional (Agent).

Archived