? I am confused again about FCC and the obc for using them.

Hflors

OK, so for some reason this always confuses me. I am going to purchase fcc's for my future cruise on my upcoming cruise (early January). The cruise I will use the fcc is 28 days. Now I am pretty sure I will need two $300 FCC's one for me and one for dh. I plan to book either onboard or right after I get home. I think this should qualify me for an additional obc. Now on a 28 day cruise in an ocean view cabin what will I get in obc using my fcc and if I book it within 60 days of my upcoming cruise how much extra obc will I qualify for?

I believe the info in this link is still relevant for some of your questions http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FCD-Program-May-2014.pdf

If not, someone will come along with updated information.

Yes, a 28 day cruise will require a FCD of $300/person. If you book onboard, you will get OBC. On the form linked above, it says up to $200 but that has changed slightly. Now, when you book onboard, you get the same doubling up of the OBC as one gets within the first 60 days of disembarkation (the ZPM or Welcome Home promotion). So, now it makes no difference (OBC wise) if you book onboard or purchase a FCD and book within 60 days. It makes a difference if you'd rather not spend your vacation time sitting with a consultant.

I believe the info in this link is still relevant for some of your questions http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FCD-Program-May-2014.pdf

If not, someone will come along with updated information.

Yes, a 28 day cruise will require a FCD of $300/person. If you book onboard, you will get OBC. On the form linked above, it says up to $200 but that has changed slightly. Now, when you book onboard, you get the same doubling up of the OBC as one gets within the first 60 days of disembarkation (the ZPM or Welcome Home promotion). So, now it makes no difference (OBC wise) if you book onboard or purchase a FCD and book within 60 days. It makes a difference if you'd rather not spend your vacation time sitting with a consultant.

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for.

OK, so for some reason this always confuses me. I am going to purchase fcc's for my future cruise on my upcoming cruise (early January). The cruise I will use the fcc is 28 days. Now I am pretty sure I will need two $300 FCC's one for me and one for dh. I plan to book either onboard or right after I get home. I think this should qualify me for an additional obc. Now on a 28 day cruise in an ocean view cabin what will I get in obc using my fcc and if I book it within 60 days of my upcoming cruise how much extra obc will I qualify for?

I just bought a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) last week, so this is what my receipt says:

For a 22 to 50 day cruise the deposit is $300 (each - you buy one in each of your names, not two for you and you pay immediately onboard with your credit card). The OBC you qualify for depends on the cabin category you book. For your 28 day cruise you you get $100 pp if in an oceanview cabin or. If you then book within 60 days, using promo code ZPM, you double this ($200 pp).

If you book onboard, you get $200 pp, so basically the same thing as getting a FCD and booking within 60 days.

I normally just get the FCD as it is so easy to get onboard (get a form from the future cruise office/desk and turn it in ASAP (in case there is an issue/problem)). Took me all of 5 minutes to fill it out in my cabin. This way I do not have to make an appointment and spend valuable cruise time with the onboard future cruise person.

With the FCD I can (and have done so several times) cancel my cruise and still keep the OBC (may not be the double amount though, depending). I do not know what happens if you cancel an onboard booked cruise.