Bucket List Ports?

ROBERTEVANOVER

To answer the original question, I would say Glacier Bay is #1 so far, although you could argue it's not really a port. Amsterdam is #1 on my bucket list of yet to be visited.

Roz

What a great question :). I asked DW and she has her wheels turning....while thinking out loud. We have probably been to several hundred (we have lost count decades ago) ports on 6 continents. DW immediately crossed off (the list) all the ports where its a trek to get to our target destination....so we are talking about places like Le Havre (for Paris), Civitavecchia, Marseille, etc. One port that immediately comes to mind is Hong Kong.....which seems to have it all....and its a great do it yourself port. On one Prinsendam cruise we cruised all the way up the river and docked in downtown Bordeaux....and that would be among our favorites. Key West would probably be our favorite USA port...although there is much to support Boston. Bergen is also a personal favorite (we have been there many times and still enjoy walking into town from either port area).

As to Santorini, it is one of DWs favorite places...but would not be high on our port list because it has lately become too crowded...and the cable car can be a real hassle.

I should also mention our least favorite port in the world....and it is Constanza. Romania.

Hank

Although it isn't a port since we didn't get off the ship, Antarctica has been my hands down favorite so far. This is one worth revisiting. As for ports in the future, I'd love to get to Australia and New Zealand.

Just for fun: what is your favorite ‘bucket list’ port visited and which one is #1 to still see?

For me Santorini is # 1 visited and Bora Bra is top of my ‘to see’ list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great question! And VERY hard to narrow down, as there's been many ports we've adored (Hong Kong, Shanghai, St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Venice, Quebec City, to name a few). For me, definitely the #1 still to see is Alexandria (with a trip to visit the pyramids in Cairo; they've been on my bucket list since before I realized I had a bucket list!).

Looking forward to reading additional responses!

A great but hard question! So many favourites for different reasons. Venice, St Petersburg, Istanbul for beauty and culture. Vancouver, Santorini, Geiranger, Glacier Bay for spectacular natural beauty. Rotterdam was a surprise and we really enjoyed the city and the port.

Bora Bora is definitely on the list as is Shanghai, Hong Kong, Ha Long bay!

Venice would be number 1 visited, and Bora Bora 1 on the list to visit.

Edited by bennybear

A great but hard question! So many favourites for different reasons. Venice, St Petersburg, Istanbul for beauty and culture. Vancouver, Santorini, Geiranger, Glacier Bay for spectacular natural beauty. Rotterdam was a surprise and we really enjoyed the city and the port.

Bora Bora is definitely on the list as is Shanghai, Hong Kong, Ha Long bay!

Though we had visited Italy a number of times on land trips, we first visited Naples on a cruise and were amazerd the fun we had. WE happpened accidentally upon a hot air balloon event and were able to viiew them close up while o t the ground, and certainly in the air. That was an unforgetable treat. We returned to naples a few years later and enjoyde roaming around and a mot s delicious lunch. :) We had been toCcapri, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast in the past so felt no need to leave Naples on that visit.

Let’s see.... Nothing left in the Caribbean with around 300 days there. Have taken a chunk out of the Med with 72 days there with few repeats in the last four years. We’re a month away from Alexandria and Cairo then through the Suez Canal for more stops in Egypt and Jordan finally ending in Dubai. This cruise knocks off my Number 1 and wife’s Number 2. Next cruise will include St Petersburg as that’s wife’s Number 1. Past that I don’t know. Maybe the South Pacific. ?????

Glacier Bay tops my list. Have been there twice and would do it again. But on the list is St Petersburg and Bora Bora. Will be in Bora Bora in December and St Petersburg next June. Next cruise out of the bucket has got to be Antarctica. How lucky are we?!!

My #1 "been there" is definitely Antarctica, by a long shot. I've been there three times, and was booked for a 4th (which I had to cancel).

I have been blessed that there have been so many fantastic ports, so there is nothing new that I feel compelled to strive for. I know I would love to cruise across the top of North America, but don't expect I will ever get there. Maybe to return to Nome would be a big thrill.

Bucket list completed.......Maho Beach in St Martin, Istanbul

Bucket list coming soon...Panama Canal in Nov '17

Big big bucket wish.....west coast to Hawaii, Tahiti and to Australia.....the one that crosses both Equator and the Date Line