Beaches

pelkoger

If you are on a partial then if you are calling on any of the ABC islands and Georgetown would be your best beaches. Cartagena, the Canal/Colon and Limon not so much.

Full transit, the same same selections as above and on the Pacific side the better choices would be in Mexico.

Even though you are near the ocean in Puerto Quetzal, I did not see much, really don't know for sure. Cartagena has beach but I did not think it was very good, at least what I saw. Colon, you are about a hour away from anywhere you might wish to swim and the beach is more suited for locals. Think your best bet would be in PV or Cabo.

• 1 month later...

Puerto Vallarta - we love the Las Caletas excursion.  See if it is available from your ship.  All day at a beautiful swimming beach, food, drinks, jungle, water sports.  And a boat ride across Banderas Bay (look for whales).  We have been there 3 times in 5 years.

Watch out for the gators when you swim in the canal.  They love Long Islanders because they are crunchy.

Agree with Puerto Vallarta excursion above and Puerto Vallarta has many beaches.

Cabo also has beaches with excursions or you can go to the Medano Beach area on your own. Medano is where the beach bars are. You can taxi over or there are little boats (panga boats?) that will take you across the bay to the beach.

Check the Mexican Riviera board for these ports.

I also remember a beach excursion being offered in Costa Rica. Also if you are stopping in Nicaragua I have heard there is a man made beach there, but I have not been yet.