Scenic Tours Antigua

VineyardsGal

If you are cruising or staying at a hotel, I highly recommend Scenic Tours Antigua and Sean Beazer. Sean picked up us in the morning and toured the island with us for 6 hours. He will accommodate your schedule. Great SUV. Big, roomy, clean and very good A/C. He is the most knowledgeable and interesting tour guide I ever toured with. He showed us all the major sites in Antigua. We had two people on board who needed extra help and he showed them patience and respect of their needs. Besides Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Betty's Hope, Devil's Bridge, etc. we were able to shop downtown. He even provided soft drinks, beer and delicious rum punch!

His info is:

www.scenictoursantigua.com

tours@scenictoursantigua.com

I have been on many local tours in the Caribbean and I rate Sean #1! I would highly recommend Sean and Scenic Tours if you are staying at a hotel or coming on a cruise!

LaurieB

Sean is a great tour operator. Very dependable and knowledgeable. You will be very pleased with him. The difference between taking a cruise ship tour is the size of the tour. When we were on a recent Panama Canal Cruise our friend took the cruise ship tour and had 40 people crowded on a bus. We took a local tour which I had booked ahead, we had 3 couples on a 20 person new van. Also the local tours are much more reasonable than the cruise line tours.

Enjoy your tour!

Laurie

Lawrence of Antigua is also a top-notch tour operator and a wonderful host. We enjoyed a private tour with him and it is still one of our most memorable days. We were able to enjoy more of the out of the way areas (by request) as well as the signature highlights.

Can't recommend Lawrence enough, and glad to read there is another operator with the same quality of service!

• 3 weeks later...
If you are cruising or staying at a hotel, I highly recommend Scenic Tours Antigua and Sean Beazer. Sean picked up us in the morning and toured the island with us for 6 hours. He will accommodate your schedule. Great SUV. Big, roomy, clean and very good A/C. He is the most knowledgeable and interesting tour guide I ever toured with. He showed us all the major sites in Antigua. We had two people on board who needed extra help and he showed them patience and respect of their needs. Besides Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Betty's Hope, Devil's Bridge, etc. we were able to shop downtown. He even provided soft drinks, beer and delicious rum punch!

His info is:

I have been on many local tours in the Caribbean and I rate Sean #1! I would highly recommend Sean and Scenic Tours if you are staying at a hotel or coming on a cruise!

LaurieB

How many people were on your tour? Any guess as to how many people on an average tour? Thanks

His info is:

LaurieB

Just wondering if you booked as a customized tour or did you let them decide where to go? Did you go to the beach any?

Hi. To answer both questions, our tour was 5 people in our large modern clean SUV/van. I am sure Sean has other size SUV's/Vans, etc.

He has suggested sights and you can customize them. Also you can go to the beach. Beautiful beaches. Don't miss one!

Have fun!

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...
Lawrence of Antigua is also a top-notch tour operator and a wonderful host. We enjoyed a private tour with him and it is still one of our most memorable days. We were able to enjoy more of the out of the way areas (by request) as well as the signature highlights.

Can't recommend Lawrence enough, and glad to read there is another operator with the same quality of service!

ANY CLUE what the prices are for his tours? I cannot find them on his website and I usually pass on tours that do not list their costs because that means TOO EXPENSIVE TO SHOW TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME. :)

ANY CLUE what the prices are for his tours? I cannot find them on his website and I usually pass on tours that do not list their costs because that means TOO EXPENSIVE TO SHOW TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME. :)

I am posting to make sure I get some of the answers. My only time in Antigua we visited people we knew. We did go to Nelson's Shipyard and although I enjoyed I don't think I care to go again, but would like to see many of the other things on the island..

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the best time to start sending emails to Antigua folks but realize they are dealing with the influx of folks that evacuated from Barbuda. I will be there 11/15 but may wait another week or two to book something.

When do you sail timelordjason? Love the username :D

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the best time to start sending emails to Antigua folks but realize they are dealing with the influx of folks that evacuated from Barbuda. I will be there 11/15 but may wait another week or two to book something.

When do you sail timelordjason? Love the username :D

Thank you for the compliment. I like yours too lol COOL!

I was unaware they took in everyone from Barbuda WOW no wonder.

We sail on October the 14th

They just added Antigua to our itinerary to replace St. Martin.

I never been so I am excited and want to do a historical land tour with a beach time.

timelordjason Then I apologize for my snarky response. Antigua and Barbuda are together and Barbuda was decimated. It's been a long time since I've been to Antigua but it was always a favorite island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its all good no worries.

I hear that is a favorite from almost everyone that has been. I bet it is gonna be wonderful.

They probably are having to conserve electricity and may not have a good wifi signal. Antigua got some damage, from what I've read and seen online.

We booked Lawrence the last time we were there. I think it's about $60-$80 per person, and I want to say we were able to pay with a card, because we don't like carrying cash off the ship.

After our first cruise line tour excursion, I started booking them thru private operators. A lot of time is wasted waiting on people to meet the bus, getting on and off the bus at each stop, bathroom breaks, and shopping, and so you just don't get to see as much, I feel.

So for around what you would pay for a ship excursion tour, sometimes less, you can get a better tour experience in a small group. There were 6 of us. The van was clean, equipped with wifi and a loudspeaker, and water. Our tour was several hours long, with no beach, as we had done that on a prior trip. We didn't stop for lunch, but at Nelson's, there is a store where you can get snacks. I just took a Ziploc bag to the buffet at breakfast and got a couple of muffins and pieces of fruit, and took those.

We went to all the tourist spots, and scenic overlooks. We were able to shop with a small group of local vendors of handmade crafts, and had plenty of bathroom breaks. We even had a short visit with a relative of Lawrence's, when we passed his house and he was outside.

Got back to the port in plenty of time to do a little bit of shopping. There is a building where vendors sell t-shirts and other souveniers. It's an open area, but it's covered and crowded inside with stalls. The sellers on the inside have a disadvantage because a lot of people just buy from the outside ones, so be sure and give them a chance for your business too.

I don't think you can go wrong with booking a private tour that is mentioned on these boards. I never have. I always cross check the reviews on trip advisor and face book, just in case, but keep in mind that a lot of people that post negative stuff are just hard to please anyway. These private operators rely on a good experience for their income, so they will treat you good.

So far I've heard back from Gordon's Tours (one of the 3 I've contacted). I'm waiting to see if I here from Scenic Tours as they have an option that doesn't involve beach time (not really a beach person . . I react badly to salt water). timelordjason, if you haven't contacted Gordon, he may be someone else to consider. He answered back in less than 24 hours.