One way rental with no one way charges?

Jajone

Is there a rental car agency tat does not charge extra for one way rentals? We are considering flying home from Orlando and would need a rental from FLL. Flight prices are awful out of FLL and we have 8 people so a huge savings to fly home from MCO.

It depends on whether or not vehicles are needed at one location vs. the other. I would suggest using one of the big online travel sites (Kayak, Expedia, Priceline, etc...) and do a search for your dates. Find the company that is the chepaest, then take a 2nd look at that company's website, as you will sometimes see cheaper prices directly.

there are many who would tell you that a fee for a one way rental in FL is illegal ... and this is wrong

But most times the one way fee is waived .....

but I suspect none of this applies to you ...

OP says 8 people .... what kind of vehicle are you trying to rent? Rates for a big van versus a regular car (and one way options) are HUGELY different.

there are many who would tell you that a fee for a one way rental in FL is illegal ... and this is wrong

But most times the one way fee is waived .....

but I suspect none of this applies to you ...

OP says 8 people .... what kind of vehicle are you trying to rent? Rates for a big van versus a regular car (and one way options) are HUGELY different.

I was thinking 2 cars but open to any option

For 8 you will likely find two standard rental cars cheaper than an oversized van. One way rentals in FLA usually do not charge a drop fee :) but you may not qualify for the lowest rate :(

What about Uber?

Even if you could get a driver to take the fare, you'd need two vehicles and the cost would be in the hundreds of dollars.

Would definitely go the rental car route. A couple full-size or suvs would probably cost you a couple hundred tops even factoring in tolls and fuel.

I've had hit and miss with one way Rentals in Florida between Different cities such as MIA, FLL and Port Canaveral. From MIA to Cocoa Beach with Hertz I had $30 for one way rental each way. This was Dec 2014. Past Feb I did one way with MIA-FLL and was about $45. What I personally find that costs you is the daily rate increases for one way , not just drop fees added. I am thinking for my trip next year to do a one day rental with drop off and then pick up a multi-tasking rental to be returned at same location. If that makes sense.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk