Azamara Pursuit Hotel Director

sarn

Thanks for the info - we're on the same cruise.

I still don't understand why Azamara get their Senior staff website up to date.

They don't even seem to know who some of the people are on the current cruises!!

www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Gary.

I agree with you Gaz and also for this cruise the Executive Chef is Dhani but no further detail and with just 2 weeks to go no detail on the AzAmazing evening reportedly in Rhodes.

I agree with you Gaz and also for this cruise the Executive Chef is Dhani but no further detail and with just 2 weeks to go no detail on the AzAmazing evening reportedly in Rhodes.

I'm guessing Dhani is the #2 chef when the normal executive chef is onboard and steps up when the executive chef vacations, just as when Philip vacations Tomasz steps up from F&B manager to hotel director on Quest. Amanda does the same on Pursuit, stepping up from ACD to CD when Tony vacations.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 10:19 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

It’s Ryszard. He gets off Pursuit 2nd December for vacation.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Do you know who is Hotel Director on 20 March 2019 crossing?

We are contemplating booking.

Trish

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, gaz1 said:

Thanks for the info - we're on the same cruise.

I still don't understand why Azamara get their Senior staff website up to date.

They don't even seem to know who some of the people are on the current cruises!!

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Gary.

Still no listings for Hotel Director on Pursuit for 2019, I would like to know who it will be on 10th June cruise.

Come on Azamara its time it was updated

8 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Still no listings for Hotel Director on Pursuit for 2019, I would like to know who it will be on 10th June cruise.

Come on Azamara its time it was updated

Hard to say with any certainty but one could project using the standard 'four-months-on-two-months-off' schedule for Azamara hotel directors:  Ryszard goes off 11/20/18; comes back 1/23/19; goes off 5/23/19; comes back 7/27/19; and so on.  Elisabeth Vogel steps up to replace him as hotel director when he is away, as she is doing right now.

Could be something different in the works, too, I suppose.  Strange that nothing's posted on the website.

Elisabeth advised that her rotation is two months f and b manager, two months hd whilst Ryzard is on leave then two months leave. That’s a good way of rotating eg she does not have the step down rather a step to leave. She’s a really good HD we’ve been with her since November (on the TA although Ryzard was HD he was wholly tied up preparing for the CDC Inspection ) and really has a lovely way of operating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We really enjoyed our interactions with Elizabeth on the TA. We had a small issue with one of the bar servers and found her very approachable, she seemed to truly care about the guest experience. Towards the end of the cruise, I mentioned that I wished there was a hand sanitizer station outside the windows cafe (on the outside deck), the next day when I saw her she showed me that she had one set outside the doors.

I’m sure she will be excellent as HD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Hard to say with any certainty but one could project using the standard 'four-months-on-two-months-off' schedule for Azamara hotel directors:  Ryszard goes off 11/20/18; comes back 1/23/19; goes off 5/23/19; comes back 7/27/19; and so on.  Elisabeth Vogel steps up to replace him as hotel director when he is away, as she is doing right now.

Could be something different in the works, too, I suppose.  Strange that nothing's posted on the website.

Thanks for that, I was hoping it would be Ryszard who we have known since the early days of Azamara but have not seen him for a few years.

Looks as if we will miss him again.

13 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Thanks for that, I was hoping it would be Ryszard who we have known since the early days of Azamara but have not seen him for a few years.

Looks as if we will miss him again.

Just spoke with Elisabeth about this, Bloodaxe.  I think she's as frustrated as you are over this.  Ryszard will return January 23 and will be hotel director for four months, then Elisabeth for two, and on and on that way.  Subject to change, of course, for personal reasons, or whatever.

She will be communicating with Miami to try to get this fixed.

Edited by marinaro44

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

Just spoke with Elisabeth about this, Bloodaxe.  I think she's as frustrated as you are over this.  Ryszard will return January 23 and will be hotel director for four months, then Elisabeth for two, and on and on that way.  Subject to change, of course, for personal reasons, or whatever.

She will be communicating with Miami to try to get this fixed.

Thank you once again, much appreciated.

I am not sure if we have met Elizabeth but looking forward to doing so.