Transfer to TA for late booking?

TMLAalum

My friend found an Edge Single for the 12/16 sailing and paid for it in full on 9/14. She tried to transfer the booking to that big box agency but was told that this was impossible after final payment. Is this a Celebrity policy? Thanks for replying.

There are exceptions though. We booked our Australia/New Zealand cruise (2/28/19) almost two years ago onboard and then while on another cruise we upgraded to a Celebrity Suite. Since our TA had never EVER given us any onboard credit I wasn't inclined to transfer it. He eventually did book a cruise for us (last minute) and begged for us to transfer the AUS/NZ cruise to him, a year after it was initially booked. I agreed to send him an email with the request which I assume he forwarded to Celebrity but only after he offered us $500 onboard credit. Celebrity transferred the reservation to him. It's not that we paid too much initially as a Sky Suite is now $6,000 more than what we are paying for the CS.

There are exceptions though. We booked our Australia/New Zealand cruise (2/28/19) almost two years ago onboard and then while on another cruise we upgraded to a Celebrity Suite. Since our TA had never EVER given us any onboard credit I wasn't inclined to transfer it. He eventually did book a cruise for us (last minute) and begged for us to transfer the AUS/NZ cruise to him, a year after it was initially booked. I agreed to send him an email with the request which I assume he forwarded to Celebrity but only after he offered us $500 onboard credit. Celebrity transferred the reservation to him. It's not that we paid too much initially as a Sky Suite is now $6,000 more than what we are paying for the CS.

The OP is past final payment. It sounds like you were before final payment when you transferred you AUS/NZ.

You also have to remember you paid for the cruise in full when you booked it. Why would Celebrity then transfer the cruise to a TA and then pay that agency commission for managing the cruise that is already paid for?

BTW if you book a cruise with a X PCC and pay a deposit and then transfer it within 60 days to a TA, the X PCC who did all the work to set up that booking and answer all your questions gets absolutely no credit for that booking, unlike many other cruise line PCCs.

Appreciate the knowledge of Cruise Critic members! I have my eye on several sailings following our Edge Inaugural- currently all the ships under consideration have quite a few empty cabins.

If we find an Xciting deal or RCCL Tuesday special, can it be booked via a TA or must it be with the cruiseline?

If we find an Xciting deal or RCCL Tuesday special, can it be booked via a TA or must it be with the cruise line?

You may book a Celebrity "Exciting Deal" through a Travel Agent... I assume--but do not know--that the same is true for bookings made through Royal Caribbean's weekly "Going, Going, Gone" specials,,,

You also have to remember you paid for the cruise in full when you booked it. Why would Celebrity then transfer the cruise to a TA and then pay that agency commission for managing the cruise that is already paid for?

BTW if you book a cruise with a X PCC and pay a deposit and then transfer it within 60 days to a TA, the X PCC who did all the work to set up that booking and answer all your questions gets absolutely no credit for that booking, unlike many other cruise line PCCs.

I assume you somehow found this out by talking with a PCC; and it does seem unfair to the PCC; but that is not the client's fault - it's an issue between X and the PCC.

I assume you somehow found this out by talking with a PCC; and it does seem unfair to the PCC; but that is not the client's fault - it's an issue between X and the PCC.

We found out by talking with our long time X PCC. Princess also does the same thing. Once we found this out, we now book all of our X cruises as well as Princess cruises directly through our TA. On the other hand we book our HAL and Oceania cruises through our respective PCCs to take advantage of their insider expertice and to get them credit for the booking and then transfer the cruise to our TA to get all the extra perks they have to offer. That way its a win win for everyone.

No, it's not the client's fault. I just wanted to pass this information along in case some didn't know how X and Princess treat their PCCs when a cruise is subsequently transferred to a TA. How they use that information is up to them.

We found out by talking with our long time X PCC. Princess also does the same thing. Once we found this out, we now book all of our X cruises as well as Princess cruises directly through our TA. On the other hand we book our HAL and Oceania cruises through our respective PCCs to take advantage of their insider expertice and to get them credit for the booking and then transfer the cruise to our TA to get all the extra perks they have to offer. That way its a win win for everyone.

No, it's not the client's fault. I just wanted to pass this information along in case some didn't know how X and Princess treat their PCCs when a cruise is subsequently transferred to a TA. How they use that information is up to them.

Interesting that when meeting with a Future Cruise Consultant aboard Celebrity, taking up their time and utilizing their expertise and finally booking a cruise, that booking automatically reverts to the travel agency who handled the cruise you are on.

What is the difference between a PCC and the random representative one may get when booking a Celebrity cruise by phone?

Interesting that when meeting with a Future Cruise Consultant aboard Celebrity, taking up their time and utilizing their expertise and finally booking a cruise, that booking automatically reverts to the travel agency who handled the cruise you are on.

What is the difference between a PCC and the random representative one may get when booking a Celebrity cruise by phone?

The best way I can explain it, purely from my personal experience, is this. When we booked our first Celebrity cruise, we booked it by calling their 1-800 reservations line and continued to call the 1-800 number if we had any questions or issues. Subsequently, while on that first cruise which was on the Solstice, we booked a Galapagos cruise through the onboard Future Cruise Consultant. We did not have a TA at that time. When we got home, we received an email from Celebrity identifying a POC that was to be our Personal Cruise Consultant. We'll call him Bob. From that point on whenever we wanted to book or had a question about a Celebrity cruise, we could and did contact Bob.

My guess is there is one department, the "Online Booking Department", which manages the bookings made by folks (1) using the 1-800 number as well as (2) any direct online bookings that are made. Remember, you need to call the 1-800 number if you have any questions about your online booking. Then there is the "Personal Cruise Consultant" department which both the PCCs and the Future Cruise Consultant onboard ship work for.

When the FCC books a cruise onboard that is not automatically assigned to the TA or PCC of record on the existing booking, it is passed to the PCC department where it is subsequently assigned to a individual PCC. In our case, it was Bob. The PCC's job is to contact us, the "new" client, to let us know we can contact him (or her) if we have any questions about our new cruise or any future cruises for that matter. If we subsequently want to transfer the "new" booking to a TA and it's still within 60 days, the PCC will show us how to do it and then that's that. However, worst case, the PCC now has a new contact and, in turn, the new client now has the PCC's phone number and email address in case they would like to discuss future Celebrity cruises.

Of course, the names of the two departments are probably different and there are probably other folks that have a more knowledgeable view point. But, that's how I picture it generally works.