Early Morning Coffee on Solstice

VitaminSea53

I like 2 cups of coffee first thing in the morning while getting ready for the day. This will be my first time on Celebrity (Solstice).... Going to New Zealand in November. I am spoiled with Viking in room coffee machine. What do you all suggest? I do like my coffee STRONG. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Room service is the same coffee you get in the buffet, dining room, etc., and it is strong. Order a pot. If you like cream, specify half and half, otherwise you get a nasty tasting non dairy creamer.

Otherwise, head down to Café Biacio and pick up a cup. If you don't have a beverage package you will pay for it.

Agree, the room service coffee is from the buffet and cafe machines, Lavazza. Does me just fine. And El Bacio is fantastic. I’m a big double expersso drinker and it hits it for me. Of course coffee, as most dining subjects is very subjective. I hate Starbucks, and make my own expresso and capachinos at home using lavazza expresso pods.

enjoy!

Thanks. Room service sounds good but can I call and order in the morning? (How fast is the service) I never know what time I will be waking up.

Yep, just call from bed or order over the TV. Timing depends on what time you order and how many orders they have. No way to tell.

Fill out the room service card and select the time that you wish it delivered.

Enjoy in your room, or if you have a balcony - sip’n sail and enjoy the view!

stmaarten-breakfast-L.jpg

Ahhhh! My happy place. If a couple of croissants were added to the table that would be heaven:halo:

Cafe ElBacio opens at 0600

Al Bacio. We call it Al, as in "Meet you at Al's?"

I have been the designated coffee gopher on all of our cruises, and usually start at the Oceanview. As mentioned the Lavazza is pretty good (a bit strong for DW, nothing too strong for me).

On our first cruise, Infinity, I used the provided small cups, which of course were empty by the time I got back to the Cabin. We bought two Celebrity mugs, and now bring them on all our cruises. Works great, keeps coffee hot, and DW doesn't have to worry about what time she wakes.

DSC_6608.jpg

Thanks. Room service sounds good but can I call and order in the morning? (How fast is the service) I never know what time I will be waking up.

I always need coffee while I'm getting ready and enjoy it without food. If you're simply placing a coffee order, it should be delivered within 5 mins. Coffee with food will take longer.

Aside from the options already listed, there is a coffee station outside of the Oceanview Cafe before they open for full breakfast, correct? Coffee, hot water, iced water available early?

I got mine at 4:30 to 5:00 in Oceanview in August (Summit). I did accidently fill from one that was brewing, and it was STRONG.

I usually get my first at Al Bachio and then have a Double Cappuccino delivered with breakfast by the butler. Just in case I usually bring along some Starbuck instant. There is coffee and hot water available at Oceanview 24 hours a day.

Another option I use is to bring along a travel French Press and some of my favorite coffee. I get the hot water from Oceanview and brew it to my taste.

• Like 1

On our first cruise, Infinity, I used the provided small cups, which of course were empty by the time I got back to the Cabin. We bought two Celebrity mugs, and now bring them on all our cruises. Works great, keeps coffee hot, and DW doesn't have to worry about what time she wakes.

DSC_6608.jpg

I always bring a clean mug from the buffet to my room for my room service coffee. HATE draining those small cups in two-three sips! When finished, I was the mugs and put them away in a drawer! Room stewards will remove them otherwise. This way I always have my mugs!

On our first cruise' date=' Infinity, I used the provided[/size'] small cups, which of course were empty by the time I got back to the Cabin. We bought two Celebrity mugs, and now bring them on all our cruises. Works great, keeps coffee hot, and DW doesn't have to worry about what time she wakes.

DSC_6608.jpg

If you happen to be lucky enough to get a suite it's always possible to let your butler know what time you would like coffee and (s)he will see that you get it. If you call room service your butler will be notified and will deliver and present it for you. On a cruise several times ago our butler saw coffee cups from al Bacio and he questioned me about it and why I hadn't called him to bring it to our stateroom. "It's my job, Sir. Please let me do my job to make your vacation with us a wonderful experience". I did appreciate that, and continued to get coffee from al Bacio in the morning. I'm sure our butler had far more important people to deal with.

About the small cups in the staterooms. I think they must be for ladies or for tea. I can't get my finger through the loops and they only hold a couple ounces of liquid. I ask our butler or stateroom attendant to get mugs for me, or I snag some from the buffet area.

On past cruises I have brought along a couple of large insulated beverage cups that I would fill in with coffee at the Oceanview and take back to our cabin in the morning. On our next cruise we have the beverage package, so I'm thinking getting coffee at Al Bachio instead. Do they have decent size to-go cups with lids? If not, will they fill my cups? It would be nice to not have those cups taking up luggage space if I don't need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Solstice. We found what worked well for us was to grab coffees in our thermal mugs from the Aqua Spa Café on Deck 11 Forward. They also put out a small offering of fruit, granola bars, and pre-portioned plates of fruits and wraps which you can grab and go. Hubby found this less congested and busy than Oceanview Café (buffet) for just coffee and a pre-breakfast, um, breakfast. ;):D