Pursuit Cabins 4060/62/64/66/68?????

jccruiser

Can anyone give me information on the entrance way to these cabins?

Do they open directly into the lobby area or is there a hallway to give privacy from the lobby and to block the noise from Deck 5 via the open stairway ?

Thank you for any information and/or photos.

:):)

Can anyone give me information on the entrance way to these cabins?

Do they open directly into the lobby area or is there a hallway to give privacy from the lobby and to block the noise from Deck 5 via the open stairway ?

Thank you for any information and/or photos.

:):)

Although I’ve not stayed in one, I saw inside one at the Pursuit christening. They look ideal and yes, they have a little corridor they seem well shielded from any guest relations or foyer activities

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a look at one of these cabins last month with a view to switching from one of the existing cabins a few doors down. They are newly added, but still have the same storage cabinets, I'm guessing from the balcony cabins on deck 8 that were made into suites.

One thing that puts me off them is being added later the walls are very thin. I did a test! I'm going to stay put in 4056 as I'm noise sensitive.

Phil

Yes the photos are just as we remembered from looking around Pursuit in Southampton. However I am now worried about the sound proofing. The lovely Richard Twynam showed us these and at the time said they would be great as there was no foot fall past them. We have actually booked the one at the end of the corridor, but will I be able to hear next door change their minds ?

Now that’s a different cruise altogether!!![emoji12] and has been (un)covered on these boards before! Being serious, sound proofing on these ships is an issue. Our last cruise landed us with a neighbour that was so sensitive to noise, conversations after 10pm became an issue for her. Choose wisely or take really good ear plugs.

Silly question but where exactly are these rooms? If you select 4068 on the Uk site and click to see cabin location.... it isn’t there!!!

I’m guessing they are in the white space... but wondered why the Uk site doesn’t show them?

08e651a5e14135314eb9bd5b0f58147d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you are facing guest relations, they are to your left, where the conciege desk, sometime map stand and shore excursions desk used to be.

I think those photos in post #7 are the ones I took when Richard Twynam was showing us round on 31st July and posted later that day. I had a feeling it was an area people would want to see. They do seem in a convenient location but I’d be concerned if the walls are thinner.

Thanks! Thought I was going mad!

ps: definitely not showing the location of the room on the screen when you go to book 4068! Neither are the rooms from 4041 through 4055 back to GR....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do show on the Pursuit Deck Plans in the ‘Our Ship’s’ section of the website both in US & U.K. site.

I think those photos in post #7 are the ones I took when Richard Twynam was showing us round on 31st July and posted later that day. I had a feeling it was an area people would want to see. They do seem in a convenient location but I’d be concerned if the walls are thinner.

Hi Cinnamon. I was also there on 31st July and I snapped those pictures in #7. There were only so many ways to take those pictures to show their location. I thought they worked well and provided some privacy coming out of the room. I had visions of opening the door and being in the queue at guest relations! I too would be concerned about noise issues and thin walls. Lets hope its not the case.

Ok, sorry to have jumped in. Indeed they look exactly like the ones I posted that day.

You certainly wouldn’t want a queue peering in as you come out. [emoji6]. Mind you, I’ve seldom seen more than one or two people waiting, unlike on the big ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We’ve been on 4052 on the other two ships and loved it. Very quiet, but very convenient for a Guest Relations, Mosaic and Discoveries. Pretty close to lifts too.

Thanks, sounds like we should stick with what we have. We won’t take a risk on the new cabins.

More concerning though is I just read the reviews of the Pursuit - I know it is a small sample but it is concerning.