Celebrity 2 perks question

cruisehabits

Hello all!

I am considering a 5 night sailing on Celebrity Infinity and two perks are offered as part of booking.

My first choice would be the classic drink package for two.

The three remaining choices are internet, gratuities or $150 each ($300) total on board spending.

Here’s my question: Can I select the on board spending totaling $300 for the 5 night cruise and then while I am on the ship can I pay the $145 we would owe for gratuities from the $300 on board credit?......which will essentially leave me with $155 to spend on board OR is it not possible to pay for the gratuities with the on board credit they give us?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Safe travels to all! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To answer your question directly yes the daily gratuities will be subtracted from the $300 of OBC you have leaving the remainder to offset any other charges. Technically the $300 is a credit to your onboard account and the daily gratuities are billed to your account daily. The first $300 charged to your account will be offset by the OBC and any remainder will be due at the end of the cruise. The OBC perk is use it or lose it so if you have credit remaining at the end of the cruise it is just lost.

In addition the $300 could be used pre-cruise to book things via the cruise planner on the web.

From mock bookings there is no value in picking the on board spending and the gratuities perks. It's not free and the case of our cruise it as actually more expensive to go better or best then to simply pay later. The whole thing, besides the classic drink package, was ridiculously stupid and more of a scam than anything else. Imagine if I offered you $300 OBC and paid grats as a special for only $60 more than it would be to pay on board! That's what a joke it was. I suggest you mock book with and without the "deals" to see if your cruise "deal" was a ripoff like ours booked on the silhouette was for 2020.

We are doing a 4 day cruise on the Infinity in Nov and picked the 2 perks, classic beverage and 300 OBC. When I compared the price of the cruise without the perks (senior rate) and the price with the 2 perks, it was a no brainer. We get the beverage package which works for us (drinks, water, coffee, beer) and the $300 to pay for the gratuities, shore excursion in the Bahamas and left over OBC to eat in a speciality dinner. I always do a spreadsheet and compare the price of the cruise with no perks and with the perks they are offering. On these short cruises it seems that picking the beverage package (if that is important to you) and OBC are the best value.

How do I get the no perks price to show? If I choose two perks or click the 'No Thanks' box, the total price is the same. Pricing Nov 14, 2019 Silhouette. No suite, just a veranda, like a 1C.

Quite often, the Senior Rate with Zero Perks is not available - especially for bookings a year in advance or more.

But for bookings after final payment date they are often available.

To find the Senior Rate with Zero Perks, if it is available, you first have to click on "SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR OFFERS" on the web-page where you specify the number of adults and children; after clicking you will be taken to a page where there is a check box for "Senior (age 55+)". After clicking on the Senior box, then click on Select and Continue and you will be taken to the standard page where you select your cabin choice.

If the Senior, Zero Perk rate is available for your cruise at the time of the mock booking, you will see that the Go Big or Go Better current offer is no longer complementary - and if you click on "no thank you" instead of ADD TO STATEROOM, the final price will be lower than if you had made the mock booking without originally clicking on the Senior Box.

If the Senior, Zero Perk fare is not available for your cruise at the time of the mock booking, you will see that the Go Big

or Go Better current offer is complementary - and the price will be the same regardless of whether you click on "no thank you" or ADD TO STATEROOM.

How do I get the no perks price to show? If I choose two perks or click the 'No Thanks' box, the total price is the same. Pricing Nov 14, 2019 Silhouette. No suite, just a veranda, like a 1C.

If it is the promo at the time it will always be part of the cruise fare that wouldn’t allow it to be eliminated becasue it was included “at no extra charge 🙄”. It is a promo. 🤗

As time goes on the fare may increase due to supply and demand, after final payment there may be a price reduction in the form of exciting deals that many times are still more than what the initial fares were but now doesn’t have the perks. Sometimes there will then be a option to include the perks for more but now it really high. An example is the fares for Oct thru Nov 2018 for the Inifinity. If you look up that cruise you can see how the price is played with

I booked AQ a year ago for $1022 total for two passengers that included 2 perks now AQ is $999 pp. a suite is $1099 pp but comes with no perks, include all perks and it jumps to $1429. The cruise following that one has AQ at $339 pp with no perks. Same exact cruise just 4 days later.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅