Southampton to Heathrow

Gracie115

If Celebrity Air is offering it, then they believe it is. But to answer it would help to know such things as where is the flight gloing, what class of ticket you will buy, and how you plan to transfer to the airport

Well the flight is going to Miami....

Looking at Smith's for transport, have just sent them an email to find out if they could get us there on time.

Does Celebrity offer transport to Heathrow?

We used Smith’s a month ago from Southampton to Gatwick ( a bit further) for a 1:15 flight on a Saturday. Traffic was easy, but took 2 hours. Excellent service from Smith’s but long walk to carpark at pier. International check- in is often earlier than for a national flight. Could be tight.

Can you do early self- walkoff? Private car like Smith’s door to door would be much quicker than a Celebrity bus that waits on many people and makes several terminal stops.

We used Smith's in July and our driver drove right up to where we exited the building even though it was crazy at 8:30. Assuming you self disembark at 7:00 (or as early as possible) it shouldn't be nearly as congested. I would also look at a airport map prior to arriving to make sure you know exactly where to go once you enter the terminal since you'll be tight on time. My husband is in and out of lots of airports but it was a little confusing and took a few minutes. Flying Delta we had to go through an initial security check at the entrance to a separate area showing our tickets before we got to the Delta counter.

Smiths do this all the time. Wait for their reply. If they say they can get you there, they will. A Saturday makes all the difference...no commuters!! If you do self disembark, you should be able to get on your way by about 0730. On a Saturday you should do LHR in under 1 1/2 hrs, so get there fo 0900. If you can do online check in on the ship on your last night you should be OK, though a bit rushed! Like I say, listen to what Smiths tell you.

Simon

I agree with others who say 11AM is too early. There is no room for anything out of the ordinary to happen, like for instance, an accident on the road. Book a later flight and enjoy a stress free disembarkation, which is an oxymoron, I know. Hate disembarking....just did it on Friday.

For an 11am flight you will need to clear security by 10.00. Allow 30 mins to get through security - arrive LHR by 09.30. Its an hour and a half if traffic is clear. It should be that time in the morning so taxi must leave no later than 08.00. Allow time to disembark, collect cases etc - 45 mins perhaps? Off ship no later than 07.15? Having just disembarked in Southampton the self service ones could leave from 06.30 but if you have your luggage taken off by staff then you could not leave before 07.00. Its perfectly possible to make LHR in time - but not the most peaceful end to your cruise!