Queen Mary 2 Carribean in November

Jeffrey1950

Hi everyone: Like I always say half the fun is in the planning when going on vacation. I am sure as time goes by I will have many more questions. My November cruise seems so far away but the days are rapidly passing by. Although, I have done other cruises to the Caribbean on another line this will be the first time with Cunard. My question, today is do any ladies wear a full length dress during the day? I have some really nice full length dresses but am not sure if they would look out of place walking the decks of the Queen Mary 2 or for that matter going ashore. I know it should not matter what other people think but all the ladies out there will probably understand my thoughts on this. Thank you in advance for your replies !!

Hi everyone: Like I always say half the fun is in the planning when going on vacation. I am sure as time goes by I will have many more questions. My November cruise seems so far away but the days are rapidly passing by. Although, I have done other cruises to the Caribbean on another line this will be the first time with Cunard. My question, today is do any ladies wear a full length dress during the day? I have some really nice full length dresses but am not sure if they would look out of place walking the decks of the Queen Mary 2 or for that matter going ashore. I know it should not matter what other people think but all the ladies out there will probably understand my thoughts on this. Thank you in advance for your replies !!

Hi. If I understand correctly you are asking about the current style of casual maxi dresses. I've taken several Caribbean QM2 cruises (good fun!) but I've seen only the very occasional maxi dress during the day, usually as a cover-up to and from the pool.

An interesting option is to wear a casual maxi dresses on Informal nights - younger women seem to carry that look well.

But bottom line to your question: wearing a full length dress during the day on QM2 might look a bit out of place. (Does not apply to Quakers)