Conquest 3/11 adding a port

Cafedumonde

Is this normal? Our TA sent us an email letting us know that our port order has changed plus we have an additional port! We have had port order changes before, but we have never had a port added. Does this happen a lot? We have amber cove, grand turk, half moon cay, and now also nassau. It is only a 6 night cruise.

I got the letter from Carnival yesterday too. The really funny thing about this for us is DH has not cruised with me the last 2 cruises. I asked him what it was going to take to get him back on a ship with me. He said "no stopping in Nassau" so I specifically picked this cruise because it did NOT go to Nassau. It's not that he doesn't like Nassau it just that we have been there so many times (like 10). Well now we are stopping in Nassau. I told him it is like a bonus port, we didn't sign up for it and we didn't have to pay for it since there are no additional port fees due.

And to top it off I will be making a claim on my travel insurance since I have a policy with Itinerary Change coverage. That's $500 per person ($1,500) total!!

What happens if you file the itinerary change claim and then have to cancel?

Edited to add. I’m on this sailing but haven’t bought insurance yet. I have another cruise booked that has itinerary change coverage and it says the following:

COVERAGE E ITINERARY CHANGE In the event Your Travel Supplier makes a change in Your Trip itinerary after Your Scheduled Departure Date, which prevents You from participating in an event/activity Prepaid prior to departure and scheduled on Your Trip itinerary, non-refundable Prepaid event/activity expenses will be payable up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Confirmation of Benefits. Benefits will not be paid if a comparable event/activity of equivalent cost is rescheduled during the course of Your Trip. These benefits will not duplicate any other benefits payable under the Policy or any coverage(s) attached to the Policy.

You may want to read your policy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by belle2

What happens if you file the itinerary change claim and then have to cancel?

Edited to add. I’m on this sailing but haven’t bought insurance yet. I have another cruise booked that has itinerary change coverage and it says the following:

COVERAGE E ITINERARY CHANGE In the event Your Travel Supplier makes a change in Your Trip itinerary after Your Scheduled Departure Date, which prevents You from participating in an event/activity Prepaid prior to departure and scheduled on Your Trip itinerary, non-refundable Prepaid event/activity expenses will be payable up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Confirmation of Benefits. Benefits will not be paid if a comparable event/activity of equivalent cost is rescheduled during the course of Your Trip. These benefits will not duplicate any other benefits payable under the Policy or any coverage(s) attached to the Policy.

You may want to read your policy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I actually have read my policy. You must know that there is more than one type of policy. Clearly your policy would not cover this Itinerary change. Mine will...

ITINERARY CHANGEIn the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary prior to Your actual departure date we will pay up to theMaximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented change of Port of Call from the scheduled itinerary.Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip Itinerary will be necessary for claim payment.

Thank you, I will. It will pay for my next cruise.

To the OP this is the first cruise I have been on where they added an extra port. I feel we are pretty lucky.

Wow, that sounds great about your policy! We were actually kind of excited too, even though Nassau is not a favorite. It just seems like a bonus. I don't know why they would add an extra port though. So strange.