Carnival Conquest

300dtc

Anyone just off the conquest, or currently onboard that can comment on the dry dock improvements?

I know they added serenity area, but have you noticed what else has been spruced up? How about anything in the cabins? New beds?

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Definitely new carpets. (They were still installing some when I sailed last week.) Nothing else reall seemed changed, although apparently they did a lot of welding because my waiter said he spent the drydock watching people weld in case of fire.

Most of the stores were redone and were not open until the second day of the cruise. All new carpets and our rooms at least looked like wallpaper was new. They also tried the change the photo area to digital only, using IPAD's with facial recognition. It was only working half as good as it should when we left the ship, but it was a heck of a lot easier than looking through all the photo's (which they were still printing because of the glitches, but had no real area to display them in any longer). Many things were still very old and had nothing done to them. We heard a thud and turned around to see a man on the ground and he had tripped on the metal piece of the stairs out on the pool deck. The step was dry rotted and the piece was sticking up, it was nailed down the next day but nothing that would have been missed if the whole boat was done over, leading me to believe that 2 week dry dock is for small changes and deep cleaning only.

Are you doing the Dominican, Aruba and Curacao route? I have the fun times but just haven't had a chance to post my trip report or the fun times yet.

Edited by Alwayssomething

Most of the stores were redone and were not open until the second day of the cruise. All new carpets and our rooms at least looked like wallpaper was new. Many things were still very old and had nothing done to them. We heard a thud and turned around to see a man on the ground and he had tripped on the metal piece of the stairs out on the pool deck. The step was dry rotted and the piece was sticking up, it was nailed down the next day but nothing that would have been missed if the whole boat was done over, leading me to believe that 2 week dry dock is for small changes and deep cleaning only.

Are you doing the Dominican, Aruba and Curacao route? I have the fun times but just haven't had a chance to post my trip report or the fun times yet.

No we are doing Nassau, Amber cove, Half moon key. We were supposed to go to Grand Turk, but that is being skipped now. Thanks!

Anyone just off the conquest, or currently onboard that can comment on the dry dock improvements?

I know they added serenity area, but have you noticed what else has been spruced up? How about anything in the cabins? New beds?

Thank you [emoji4]

Just got off the Conquest the 28th. My son and his fiance' loved the Serenity area. Ship looks great. Not so much sprucing up, but I noticed (at least I don't remember this from last year on Conquest), but there are motion lights in the staterooms under the three section closets.

What type of TV's are in the cabins? Flatscreen which is interactive, I hope!

Were new beds included in the dry dock?

Thanks!

I obviously wasn't in every cabin but a year and half ago on our Conquest cruise we had a flat screen. It's small and not really hi-def but it worked for the little bit we watched. Never tried anything interactive so I don't know if it had that. It had a lot of ships channels and I remember reading something about a screen you could look up S&S account info so I assume that's interactive.

Most of the stores were redone and were not open until the second day of the cruise. All new carpets and our rooms at least looked like wallpaper was new. They also tried the change the photo area to digital only, using IPAD's with facial recognition. It was only working half as good as it should when we left the ship, but it was a heck of a lot easier than looking through all the photo's (which they were still printing because of the glitches, but had no real area to display them in any longer). Many things were still very old and had nothing done to them. We heard a thud and turned around to see a man on the ground and he had tripped on the metal piece of the stairs out on the pool deck. The step was dry rotted and the piece was sticking up, it was nailed down the next day but nothing that would have been missed if the whole boat was done over, leading me to believe that 2 week dry dock is for small changes and deep cleaning only.

I would love to see the Fun Times for Dominican, Aruba and Curacao - I'm on the Nov cruise with that itinerary

I am doing the DR, Aruba, and Curacao route. Would you mind sharing the Fun Times? :)