Royal Caribbean, March 3, 2018

She is from Boston

I wouldn’t worry. I’m heading there on 12/9 for a 12/10 cruise on Jewel of the Seas. I’ve spoken to the folks at my hotel a bunch of times (fb and phone). They’re open and operating without issue. Check out Hotel Miramar. They have 4.5 / 5 stars on TripAdvisor and over 800 reviews. Book through Expedia and breakfast is included. It’s a nice boutique hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard Old San Juan is pretty much up & running However I agree u need to call hotels directly because we checked several & either full or not up

& running They too rely a lot on tourism So I'm sure it won't be long !!Cruiseport ok & airport also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

call them directly and ask about their situation. Don't call their 800 number.

You hit it on the head. We had two reservations cancelled on us. Both Sheraton Old San Juan and Hyatt House - because FEMA approved both as transitional housing for displaced citizens as well as housing for aid workers.

I called Sheraton and Hyatt weekly to confirm because I couldn’t reach the hotels directly. The 800 numbers for both told me not to worry and that I would be fine. Nope! I found out my Sheraton reservation was cancelled when I finally got through directly. The person I spoke to at the Sheraton was surprised that I was surprised - they told me the corporate line was clearly wrong. I wasn’t mad. I had a back up in the Hyatt. Whoops! I then spent a bit of time on the phone calling hotels directly. Expedia CS help a lot too. They did a stellar job in getting me a list of confirmed opened hotels that were accepting reservations (call them instead of looking at their site).

To OP: Just call them directly. Booking a hotel for a trip in March shouldn’t be as challenging as I’ve seen for my trip in December. You’ll be ok. :-) Your vacation drinks are not far down the road.

Check out Hotel Miramar for anyone that needs a place to stay. I can’t talk them up enough. They’ve been wonderful to me with contact and updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk