Specialty Dining Packages on the Eclipse

san diego spartan

Have some OBC to use and was looking at a 4 night specialty dining package. We are on as 11 night Eclipse sailing in December.

Questions: do I have my choice of which restaurants? Can I go to Murano more than 1 time with this package?

It seems that it will book me either on Day 1 or Day 2 and then I can make reservations from there - is that correct? Do I wait until I board to make the reservations?

I do know Murano menu looks good and it seems to get good reviews here. Tuscan grill's menu just looks OK to me, but I'm not a steak eater. Sushi on 5 looks good - seems like that is only $35 per person max is that correct? On the fence re Qsine so would prefer to be able to eat in Murano 2x.

Thanks!!!

Yes you can use the dining package in the same restaurant twice if you wish. Murano is simply amazing as is the Tuscan Grill. I loved Qsine, but my husband hated it.

As far as reservations go, we only booked on board, so I am not sure about making the reservations ahead of time. If you wait till your cruise, I would make the reservations immediately upon embarkation to make sure you get the days and time you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you purchase the package you select day 1 or 2 but not the restaurant for the computer. All other reservations you make once on the ship.

As you board the ship there are staff who will make your reservations. The first night the computer had us in Tuscan but it was easily changed. We chose all our restaurants and were able to go multiple times to the same restaurant.

Won't use the package again. Could only go to Zmurano once and they Had to use the Luminae Headwaiter to get the reservations I wanted.

Well that's a bummer. Were you told why you could only go to Murano once? When did you sail and was it on the Eclipse? My friends just back from Silhouette dined in Murano 2x.

Won't use the package again. Could only go to Zmurano once and they Had to use the Luminae Headwaiter to get the reservations I wanted.

When was this?? I know that previously that was the way the 3 & 4 dinner packages worked. That has changed and we were able to pick our restaurants on the 4 night package and could do multiple times at any we chose.

We booked the 4 night package and selected 3 of our restaurants as soon as we boarded, but not our 4th dinner DH thought it would be nice to just leave that for a night we didn't like the menu in Blu.

That plan didn't work as it was late in the cruise when he tried to book our 4th dinner. Both Murano and the Lawn Grill were fully booked & Qsine only had availability at 6 & 6:30, so we had to go to Tuscan.

So we now know if we buy a package we need to book all our speciality dinner reservations as soon as we board