Star Spa Thermal Suite

ad69690

We would not leave home without it. Provides nice atmosphere to relax without crowds. Never found Star/Dawn suites to be overly crowded. Maybe ten people at most. I enjoy just walking laps in the pool.

I guess my only complaint would be how awkward it is to get into the hot tub, especially for someone with a bad hip. Not as agile as I once was.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the thermal suite on the Star have heated ceramic loungers? I heard they don't but the website for my cruise in February has it in the description so Im wondering if its new that they have them or its an error? Thanks... :)

Does the thermal suite on the Star have heated ceramic loungers? I heard they don't but the website for my cruise in February has it in the description so Im wondering if its new that they have them or its an error? Thanks... :)

Good question. Absolutely everything that I have read suggests the Star does NOT have the heated loungers. But I see what you are looking at - when I log into my account and look at the description for the thermal spa pass - it mentions heated tile loungers. Either way we will enjoy our passes in February!

When I was on the Star last Feb, there were no tile loungers. In the main co-ed section there were 6-10ish regular padded lounge chairs, and in the 2 side areas (one of which was closed our whole trip, so the open side one was also co-ed) there were 5 or so arm chairs with foot rests. That is where I spend most of my time on sea days reading, it was very relaxing and comfy. I only used the hot tub once, but it was nice. Never used the lap pool. Was it worth the $200....maybe. I always like to be sure I have an indoor option with views in case of bad weather, so I would probably buy it again. lol