Upgrade?

Tel1234

We are sailing next June and have just been notified of an upgrade. We are have a mini-suite and the upgrade means that we have a larger balcony. The only thing is we were booked on deck 15 and are now on deck 10. Too late now but is this a good upgrade, not sure that the balcony is that much bigger!

Hello, sorry I don't understand what a GTY is, but I did pick a specific cabin. We're in the UK and the changes to sterling will mean that things are going to be more expensive so we booked early. Having just had a quick look the original category was MC and the new one is MA. When they say upgrade I was hoping for a suite, although of course that has never happened in the past!

Hello, sorry I don't understand what a GTY is, but I did pick a specific cabin. We're in the UK and the changes to sterling will mean that things are going to be more expensive so we booked early. Having just had a quick look the original category was MC and the new one is MA. When they say upgrade I was hoping for a suite, although of course that has never happened in the past!

Upgrade can also be in the same category but higher-priced location. MA is Mini-suite midship, while MC is Mini-suite on either mid-aft or mid-fwd.

What ship is this?

It sounds like these sorts of "upgrades" happen frequently as there is at least one other thread about it where the people are not happy.

I would like to know if this is the norm with Princess??

I have also booked a mini suite and have picked the cabin I particularly want and would not like to be moved unless perhaps to a full suite.

What ship is this?

It sounds like these sorts of "upgrades" happen frequently as there is at least one other thread about it where the people are not happy.

I have also booked a mini suite and have picked the cabin I particularly want and would not like to be moved unless perhaps to a full suite.

Moves from Mini-Suites to full suites generally happen through upsells not upgrades. If there are full suites available after final payment date then you may get an e-mail advising you that you may be able to get a full suite (first come first sold) for a particular amount - usually much less than full price but not for free. I am sailing in less than 2 weeks and on my ship there is still one suite out of 10 than is showing as available

It sounds to me like we're talking about the Royal or the Regal. They're the only ones with deck 15 cabins if I'm not mistaken. Deck 10 would probably be preferable, because deck 15 puts you right under the Lido, which can be noisy.

P.S.: Just looked and I would consider a deck 10 MA a clear upgrade over a deck 15 MC.

Jim

What ship is this?

Phone Princess or your TA and ask for your booking to be marked "no upgrades".

It sounds to me like we're talking about the Royal or the Regal. They're the only ones with deck 15 cabins if I'm not mistaken. Deck 10 would probably be preferable, because deck 15 puts you right under the Lido, which can be noisy.

P.S.: Just looked and I would consider a deck 10 MA a clear upgrade over a deck 15 MC.

Jim

Nope - Deck 15 is Lido on other ships and particularly recent Grand Class has plenty of fwd cabins. Walk right out onto Lido deck. So not a whole deck full, but still quite a few.