Changing Free at Sea Perks?

ceilidh1

Is this possible to do? I have never sailed NCL and am booked on a cruise next Sept that offered a choice of "free" perks. At the time of booking, I chose the only option that was truly free (as in no gratuity, etc) - the Internet package. Now I am thinking I might like to change it to the drink package. Would I be allowed to do so? Does it require calling and requesting the change, or am I out of luck? No big deal either way, but could be swayed to have a beverage or two if possible....

Since you are booked in September 2018 you have time to research what promos perks work best and cancel

and rebook your cruise in another more productive category cabin.

If offered one or more of the common perks promos:

If a drinker take the UBP Ultimate Beverage Package

If a diner take the SDP Specialty Dining Package

The Shore Excursion option skip that - this is not that big a deal

The Internet deals - if needed buy it on the side - as is it is a very POOR deal for slow snail speed time.

3-4 Guest passenger FREE - review that option carefully - cabin space may become cramped and critical.

DSC (gratuity) Daily Service Charge check out the details on that

This will give you something to research until the final payment is due.

Since you are booked in September 2018 you have time to research what promos perks work best and cancel

and rebook your cruise in another more productive category cabin.

If offered one or more of the common perks promos:

If a drinker take the UBP Ultimate Beverage Package

If a diner take the SDP Specialty Dining Package

The Shore Excursion option skip that - this is not that big a deal

The Internet deals - if needed buy it on the side - as is it is a very POOR deal for slow snail speed time.

3-4 Guest passenger FREE - review that option carefully - cabin space may become cramped and critical.

DSC (gratuity) Daily Service Charge check out the details on that

This will give you something to research until the final payment is due.

Thanks! If I cancel and rebook, does this mean the fare will be the current advertised fare? It’s gone up considerably since I booked so if that is the case I would just keep what I have!

Is this possible to do? I have never sailed NCL and am booked on a cruise next Sept that offered a choice of "free" perks. At the time of booking, I chose the only option that was truly free (as in no gratuity, etc) - the Internet package. Now I am thinking I might like to change it to the drink package. Would I be allowed to do so? Does it require calling and requesting the change, or am I out of luck? No big deal either way, but could be swayed to have a beverage or two if possible....

You can change to any perk that existed at the time of your booking. You do have to call, but it is painless.

Thanks! If I cancel and rebook, does this mean the fare will be the current advertised fare? It’s gone up considerably since I booked so if that is the case I would just keep what I have!

DO NOT cancel and rebook. If you do you have to pay the current price. There is a myth on these boards that to make any changes you have to cancel and rebook. It is not true. It is very rare that you have to cancel and rebook. NCL usually makes the changes you want without any issues, and without canceling and rebooking.

You do not need to cancel and rebook. And yes, if you do this you will re-price your fare. You can call and change to any promo that was available when you booked. If you want a promo that is available now, but was not when you booked, you would have to cancel and rebook. But UBP has been a choice for years now, you shouldn’t have any problems changing to it. Think you can do that up to a week before sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had NO problems just changing one of my perks on my Jade cruise several months before I was due to sail. I just called my PCC and he changed it.

You do not need to cancel and rebook. And yes, if you do this you will re-price your fare. You can call and change to any promo that was available when you booked. If you want a promo that is available now, but was not when you booked, you would have to cancel and rebook. But UBP has been a choice for years now, you shouldn’t have any problems changing to it. Think you can do that up to a week before sailing.

Changing perks DOES NOT cause your fare to be repriced. (You do have to pay any increased gratuities on your new perk, but if the gratuities are less you get a refund).

Changing perks DOES NOT cause your fare to be repriced. (You do have to pay any increased gratuities on your new perk, but if the gratuities are less you get a refund).

That's what I said. Cancelling and rebooking causes your fare to be re-priced. But there's no need to do this to change perks.

We definitely DID NOT have to cancel and re-book - we just changed the perk and paid the gratuities on it.

Thanks everyone! I will figure out if just how much I am likely to drink to see if it will be worth my while to switch...I appreciate everyone's response!

Just wanted to note...we are also looking at Sept 2018 and noticed the "Take 5 Free" promo was offered for our mock booking. So if you were interested in all 5, maybe ask about re-booking if that is the case?

Just wanted to note...we are also looking at Sept 2018 and noticed the "Take 5 Free" promo was offered for our mock booking. So if you were interested in all 5, maybe ask about re-booking if that is the case?

You only get all 5 of you book a suite. This promotion has been ongoing for years.

You only get all 5 of you book a suite. This promotion has been ongoing for years.

Hmm, when the Take5 promo was a perk earlier this month we had it added to our April Panama Canal booking and got all 5 in obstructed ocean view cabin.