Plug sockets on Star

diamondj

Apologies if this is asked on incorrect board. Having recently sailed on Dawn, were pleasantly surprised to find UK type 3 pin plug socket near vanity mirror in cabin. Please would anyone know from experience whether there is same type in Star cabins. Many thanks in advance. :)

I would expect that the electrical features of the Star would be the same as with the Dawn (Sister ships).

Since both have been thru recent dry-dock things should be relatively uniform.

For additional outlets look behind the TV monitor !

But do bring a power strip for more outlets if there is such a device for European electrics - check with your

cabin steward about the outlets that he uses to clean and vacuum your cabin - this so he is not unplugging

your charging equipment and then NOT restoring it.

Do not use high current items in the bath area ! The outlets are more sensitive and have a ground fault feature to

protect you from harm.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've just got back from an Adriatic cruise on the Star.

Our stateroom only had European round pin sockets and US flat pin sockets. No UK three pin sockets. We had an inside cabin on deck 12.

Strange... I'm on the Star right now anchored at Santorini in a mini suite on deck 11, and our cabin has exactly as the picture above shows: one 2 round pin socket (France, Italy) and one 3 plug UK socket. No US socket at all.

Strange... I'm on the Star right now anchored at Santorini in a mini suite on deck 11, and our cabin has exactly as the picture above shows: one 2 round pin socket (France, Italy) and one 3 plug UK socket. No US socket at all.

That is strange. We sailed last week in a 10th deck balcony and had as mentioned above (all 3 plus 2 eu behind the TV).

That is strange. We sailed last week in a 10th deck balcony and had as mentioned above (all 3 plus 2 eu behind the TV).

Gave it a second look and you are right. There is a US outlet on the vanity. I couldn't see it as it was obscured by a bunch of NCL magazines placed in front of it. Sorry about that!