Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cruzer Two

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52680360&postcount=385 for information on viewing my video of Siem Reap that includes Angkor Wat and other Angkor temples built in the 12th and 13 century, plus our cruise of Tonle Sap to see the floating fishing villages.

Thank you for posting this, CruzerTwo! Was this part of a ship's excursion as a land tour? I am considering a 2-night itinerary that would give us a full morning in Angkor Wat and a full afternoon in Angkor Thom. Do you think that is enough time in each place?

With thanks in advance for your perspective,

• 1 month later...

There is really no reason to take the ship's excursion to Siem Reap. It is so easy to do it on your own. We flew from Singapore to Siem Reap. You can get your visa at the airport very quickly. Your hotel will likely have a free shuttle into town. We stayed in a marvelous, reasonable hotel in the heart of the city and it was one of the best places we ever stayed. Tons of restaurants, tons of shopping, and then you get a private guide very inexpensively to take you to the various ruins. We were there about 4 days and saw many of them. It was a real highlight in our traveling adventures. I wish I could go again!