Christmas decorations on Queen Mary 2

PrincessPete

Hi all, We are on the Eastbound Transatlantic on 3 January 2018 on Queen Mary 2. Does anyone have any idea whether the Christmas trees/decorations will still be in place when we embark. I guess so if they stay up until 12th night which is midway through our voyage but wonder if someone can enlighten us from experience.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Peter and Beverley

Hi all, We are on the Eastbound Transatlantic on 3 January 2018 on Queen Mary 2. Does anyone have any idea whether the Christmas trees/decorations will still be in place when we embark. I guess so if they stay up until 12th night which is midway through our voyage but wonder if someone can enlighten us from experience.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Peter and Beverley

It just so happens that the last time I did a full Christmas and New Year with double Atlantic crossing I took this photograph....

34676821286_6cd7b472c6_z.jpg

It was dated 1st January and timed at 17.01

if they have gone here is just some of what you may have missed...

31188329673_2ce41edbf3_z.jpg

31633551671_50cc0f675b_z.jpg

My recollection is that some of the Christmas decorations start coming down as early as December 31. In particular, I recall the tree in the Grand Lobby (the second of Solent Richard's photos) being removed to make room for a balloon drop for the New Year's Eve celebrations held there.

Regards,

John

The 1st is too early! Ne'er Day ( New Year's Day) is a big deal in Scotland-people have friends and family over for another big meal, like another Christmas, and I was really disappointed when I got up on the 1st on Elizabeth to find all the decorations down. It felt quite flat.

So when do they put them up please?

Too darn early if you ask me ! Last November ( the beginning of the second week) on my Caribbean cruise ex Southampton, a team boarded to start the preparations for dressing the ship for Christmas.

It was far too early, the last thing we guests wanted to be looking at were Snowmen, Snow displays and Jingle Bells, preferring instead to enjoy Caribbean sunshine and Beaches. ;)

The 1st is too early! Ne'er Day ( New Year's Day) is a big deal in Scotland-people have friends and family over for another big meal, like another Christmas, and I was really disappointed when I got up on the 1st on Elizabeth to find all the decorations down. It felt quite flat.

Csardas, I understand. Hubby and I took the QM2 Holiday Caribbean cruise once years ago, and it was not like a Christmas at home - and there is good reason why! We weren't at home, we were at sea! Thousands of passengers of different faiths; not all should be expected to celebrate the same holiday in the same way - but I think Cunard makes a good effort, and passengers lend their support in ship board activities.

It just so happens that the last time I did a full Christmas and New Year with double Atlantic crossing I took this photograph....

34676821286_6cd7b472c6_z.jpg

It was dated 1st January and timed at 17.01

if they have gone here is just some of what you may have missed...

31188329673_2ce41edbf3_z.jpg

31633551671_50cc0f675b_z.jpg

I've been onboard twice for New Year, the Christmas decorations start coming down on January 1st I'm afraid.

Yep, exactly as I said.

Too darn early if you ask me ! Last November ( the beginning of the second week) on my Caribbean cruise ex Southampton, a team boarded to start the preparations for dressing the ship for Christmas.

It was far too early, the last thing we guests wanted to be looking at were Snowmen, Snow displays and Jingle Bells, preferring instead to enjoy Caribbean sunshine and Beaches. ;)

Possibly the contracting team also wanted a Caribbean Holiday ! ;p

Possibly the contracting team also wanted a Caribbean Holiday ! ;p

Quite right Pennbank, I ended up buying them a drink (or two) at the next port of call......We eventually made friends even though they had a job do. :( ....Apparently our Q. Vic got them the lift they needed to catch ( start work) on the P&O Ventura. ...(somewhere I've forgotten) ;)