Carnival Conquest questions

beshears

I have done a lot of cruising in my life, but not yet on the Conquest, and I have a couple questions.

We are thinking of going to the Bahamas, and I believe this ship goes that direction. If you have been on this ship within the past year, has the ship been renovated as yet, as I understand it was to have this done? If so, could you tell much of a difference with the renovation of it?

I know this is just YOUR opinion, but please give me your pros/cons of the Conquest ship. :)

We were on the Conquest last December. It has the seafood shack, which is a good value for the money, as well as Guy's Burgers & Blue Iguana, & the serenity area.

Traffic was bad at the port, due to construction & the number of ships that were boarding. They were behind schedule in boarding & there is no lounge for platinum & diamond guests to wait.

Debarkation was a nightmare because there were mechanical problems with the gangways & because of the delay non-priority passengers were cutting in line in front of those with priority debarkation.

Other than that, it's a great ship.

Just got of her Sunday, maiden voyage after dry dock. She was freshened up with carpet, paint, furniture and best of all she got a new Serenity area.

The Conquest is one of our favorite ships and has lots of newer upgrades with food options and bars.

Just got of her Sunday, maiden voyage after dry dock. She was freshened up with carpet, paint, furniture and best of all she got a new Serenity area.

The Conquest is one of our favorite ships and has lots of newer upgrades with food options and bars.

Is the aft pool still Adults only?

Thank you "everyone" for your replies. As this will be a ship we have never been on before (I've been on all kinds of ship sizes :)), I just wanted to get an idea of "everyone's opinions, pro/con if you had been on the ship within this past year.

From your response so far, it looks like a good ship that we might try out either the end of March or the first part of April, as Missouri is hard to get out of in the first few months of the year, as I have LEARNED by experience! :)

Copied and pasted two posts I made for someone else that asked about the Conquest a couple weeks back... for you:

LOVE the Conquest. One of our favorite ships. Be back on here in 2 weeks on her maiden voyage after dry dock.

Currently, dining options are MDR, Buffet, American BBQ (Upstairs in MDR - a lot of people miss this one!), Seafood Shack (Extra $), Sushi (Extra $), Deli, Guys Burgers, Pizza Pirate, Blue Iguana (I think that is the name) Made to order fresh tacos, burritos, etc.

Word is that in two weeks when she comes out of dry dock she will have Serenity Deck.

I think you would enjoy the ship. I find the size nice. Not too big with too many people and not too small. Layout is nice and by adding Serenity during this dry dock she will be all spruced up.

Loved when they added the Guy's burgers and the fresh Mexican taco/burrito bar, these are big hits on the ship. The Seafood Shack is at an added cost, but it is not ridiculously stupid or anything, pretty reasonable. The 2nd to the last time we were on her my husband pointed out the Sushi window, I was so excited! They used to have a little kiosk on the main promenade where you could get sushi a couple nights. I LOVE their California Rolls... so when this went away I was disappointed. So seeing it brought back in a different venue was great. It is very well done as well and again reasonable. A large Roll which is enough for lunch by itself is like $5. Oh, I forgot to mention too the taste bar. This is on the promenade too and several times during your cruise they will have little sample tasting of different items, it is a nice little stop off before dinner. Oh and of course there is always the Steakhouse if you want to partake and pay for that, and also the Chef's table which is a huge long muti course dinner limited to just a handful of people, but again at a cost

Wemjam, thank you for posting that for me as well.

I didn't think to ask this, but for those of you who have responded, or may see my posting here, what ports/islands did you visit, as I believe this ship goes a couple different direction? If you mention the ports/islands, what did you see/do there that you enjoyed?

Wemjam, thank you for posting that for me as well.

I didn't think to ask this, but for those of you who have responded, or may see my posting here, what ports/islands did you visit, as I believe this ship goes a couple different direction? If you mention the ports/islands, what did you see/do there that you enjoyed?

We did Amber Cove (was supposed to be Grand Turk..got Changed), La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba.

We are into Snorkling/Snuba/Diving so for these we love Amber Cove, St. Thomas, Aruba, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Firemanbobswife, I DO remember you replying back to some of my questions in the past, and I appreciate you, as well as the others still putting info here into my question.:)

If anyone has seen my question here, and have cruised since the hurricane (I may have overlooked in your posting :() I would like to know what itinerary you took, or are getting ready to take, if you are doing it before the year is up?

Firemanbobswife, I DO remember you replying back to some of my questions in the past, and I appreciate you, as well as the others still putting info here into my question.:)

If anyone has seen my question here, and have cruised since the hurricane (I may have overlooked in your posting :() I would like to know what itinerary you took, or are getting ready to take, if you are doing it before the year is up?

I was on the Conquest 11/2010 as my second Carnival cruise, and am sailing on her again in 9 days (just a bit excited!). We're stopping at Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove; we were supposed to stop at Grand Turk as well, but that stop has been cancelled due to limitations caused by the hurricanes. I'll be sure and post when I return.

I can say that even 7 years ago without the 2.0 upgrades and the new Serenity Deck, she was our favorite Carnival ship - we found the Impressionist themes throughout quite lovely.

This time around is a super-big year for us (DH's 65th birthday and also our 15th anniversary, so I did a ridiculous splurge on the Captain's Suite. I'll report back about that experience, as well.

Did I mention 9 more days?? :D

Yes.

We just returned on 10/28 from Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Amber Cove on the Conquest. Great cruise - everything up and running and looking good. Ship and crew were great.

I'm planning to cruise on the Conquest next May and had some questions. Does anyone know the charge for the seafood shack? Is it a per item charge or per plate type of charge? Also is the Dr. Seuss breakfast for kids only or could a group of adults go? Is it by reservation only, and if so when/where can you book it? Thanks!

I just logged into Cruise Critic and went to the Carnival posting boards and this was the top post. It couldn't be more current!

Husband and I are just about to book a January 2018 cruise on the Conquest. We have jumped around cruise lines but have not been on Carnival since the Fascination in 1998. (I think it was new then. :-) )

Would someone be so kind as to provide a quick overview of things I may need to know?

We will be in an inside cabin and not have any beverage nor dining packages.

Is there anything I need to do prior to boarding the ship? For example, do I need to book any of the entertainment shows? I know I should review excursions and make port plans.

So far I read in the thread that their is an adult only pool in the rear. (Good to know.) Also a Serenity area for adults only has been added. (Sounds great!) Is there a charge for the Serenity area?

Any info on Carnival or Conquest is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all!

I just got back from my Conquest cruise at 1:00 am today.

I LOVED the ship! I do not go to the shops, bars or pools so can't comment on those areas. I did see the serenity area which was quite nice. The comedy & theater both have comfy seating but get there early for good seats plus bring a sweater that theatre is freezing cold! Bingo is also reasonably priced.

The food was good, Guy's burgers yummy as usual, the lobster rolls with fries at the seafood place good & reasonably priced. Movies on the deck were fun & luckily we had great weather so didn't even need a blanket!

The ports on the 6 day were interesting. Half Moon Cay is beautiful. Lots to see in Puerto Plata if you're into sightseeing.

The shows were really good & Chloe, the CD & her staff terrific.I had a dual porthole cabin on deck 1 forward & had the best steward ever, Samuel.The decor is really pretty & the vibe fun.

I had been on NCL Escape the previous week & really liked it too but there are certain features to a Carnival cruise that appeal to me. The new photo system is great & don't forget to download the Carnival Hub app on your smartphone as it's really handy. I like that there's a fridge & sofa in the cabin & that you can do laundry or ironing if you wish. A bag of laundry was available for $15, a pretty good deal. I went to the Seuss Lollapaooza & Towel Animal Theater even tho' I'm a senior lady. Last year on Vista I went to he Green Eggs & Ham brunch where there were lots of grown ups without children. The towel animal chair hogs were out the last sea day of the cruise.

Both embarkation & disembarking at Port Everglades were slow but not chaotic. If you have NEXUS/Global Entry you can use it there but don't let them put you in the wrong line, that happened to me !

That's about all I can think of, but I think you get the idea I really enjoyed the Conquest cruise!(y)

~ Jo ~ :)

I just logged into Cruise Critic and went to the Carnival posting boards and this was the top post. It couldn't be more current!

Husband and I are just about to book a January 2018 cruise on the Conquest. We have jumped around cruise lines but have not been on Carnival since the Fascination in 1998. (I think it was new then. :-) )

Would someone be so kind as to provide a quick overview of things I may need to know?

Some "overview" items:

• Dining on Conquest is pretty awesome if you're on a budget as there are many free/included options. Especially on that busy first day (embark), don't overlook the Ol' Fashioned Barbecue location -- it's above the crowded Lido Deck buffet, where everyone else will be, and is pretty good, and free. Deck 10, midships. Most of your fellow cruisers won't discover it until Day 3. :)
  • Even if you don't like barbecue, the area near the BBQ place serves as a "bonus" seating area above the buffet, and on that first day, open tables down below will be at a premium. (Don't worry; lunch time on the first day is always the busiest time for the Lido buffet; it gets better later.)
  • If the lines are really bad for breakfast in the morning, walk down to the Blue Iguana Cantina (Deck 9 midships) -- they fresh-make really good breakfast burritos and there's seldom a line.
  • Don't let a long line at Guy's Burger Joint frighten you away; it usually moves quickly.
  • The ship has "secret" decks in the front, accessible through doorways at the end of the passenger corridors. Decks 6,7 and 10. They will often be windy while the ship is moving fast but are pretty awesome for a great view when entering or leaving port.
  • Carnival offers a behind-the-scenes tour if you're interested in how a cruise ship, like a small city on the ocean, works. You can search Carnival's website for the details. It's not cheap but I recommend it. Must be booked soon after boarding at Shore Excursions as it sells out pretty fast.

Is there anything I need to do prior to boarding the ship? For example, do I need to book any of the entertainment shows? I know I should review excursions and make port plans.

Unlike some other lines, Carnival doesn't require advance bookings for its entertainment (main theater shows or comedy shows); you can just show up somewhat early and generally get in. We weren't big evening show-goers but when we dropped by the theater for one of the shows, we had no problem finding seats in the balcony.

So far I read in the thread that their is an adult only pool in the rear. (Good to know.) Also a Serenity area for adults only has been added. (Sounds great!) Is there a charge for the Serenity area?

Nope!

I'm planning to cruise on the Conquest next May and had some questions. Does anyone know the charge for the seafood shack? Is it a per item charge or per plate type of charge? Also is the Dr. Seuss breakfast for kids only or could a group of adults go? Is it by reservation only, and if so when/where can you book it? Thanks!

Seafood shack prices were like $15 down to $5) ex: $12 for a Lobster Roll down to like $5 for a bowl of clam chowder in a bread bowl. Then they have the "fresh" items on ice like shirimp/fish/crab/etc. that you pay by the pound and they cook it for you. That should give you a ball park.

Sailing on the Conquest in a few weeks and can't wait. Grand Turk is on our itin and I know they were supposed to start getting ships back next week but it sounds like that may be delayed :(.

If anyone who's recently sailed on her knows who's at the Alchemy Bar, that info would be greatly appreciated.

Sailing on the Conquest in a few weeks and can't wait. Grand Turk is on our itin and I know they were supposed to start getting ships back next week but it sounds like that may be delayed :(.

If anyone who's recently sailed on her knows who's at the Alchemy Bar, that info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. What makes you say that ship arrivals at Grand Turk may be delayed? Is that information posted anywhere?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app