Norwegian Getaway: First Cruise, can we wear long-sleeved no collared shirts?

Warax

Hi everyone. I'm going on a father/son Western Caribbean cruise with my dad, it's my first cruise and I'm excited!

I've been reading up on the dress code for the cruise, and it seems pretty relaxed. However, I don't have a lot of collared shirts besides dress shirts, and I'd prefer to not bring many of them. I'm not a fan of polos. Is it mandatory to wear something collared, or can I wear a long sleeved non-collared shirt to dinner too? We'll mainly be in the complimentary dining areas, but I'll bring 1 nice outfit.

2016_New_Fashion_Summer_Men_Top_Tees_long_Sleeve_T_Shirt_Men_brand_famous_Leisure_Slim.jpg

On NCL, the vast majority of restaurants are "cruise casual". You can wear a t-shirt (short sleeve) in most restaurants.

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

A FEW CONSIDERATIONS

Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. However, tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

The ship's dailies will tell you which restaurants are "smart casual".

You are good. No worries on the dress. I have had dinner in shorts / t shirt before in most restaurants.

If you have one , may consider a jacket over that shirt for the "formal nite" which is usually the 2nd night. But its optional. I havent done formal nite in 8 cruises and been fine. If that is you in the photo, then you will be fine. You seem to have some fashion sense. Dress Smartly.

Just be comfortable and enjoy yourself.

Hi everyone. I'm going on a father/son Western Caribbean cruise with my dad, it's my first cruise and I'm excited!

I've been reading up on the dress code for the cruise, and it seems pretty relaxed. However, I don't have a lot of collared shirts besides dress shirts, and I'd prefer to not bring many of them. I'm not a fan of polos. Is it mandatory to wear something collared, or can I wear a long sleeved non-collared shirt to dinner too? We'll mainly be in the complimentary dining areas, but I'll bring 1 nice outfit.

2016_New_Fashion_Summer_Men_Top_Tees_long_Sleeve_T_Shirt_Men_brand_famous_Leisure_Slim.jpg

This shirt will be fine.

Last cruise we had the 7 night dining package and ended up cancelling LeBistro because my husband didn't even bring a jacket and that was the dress code.

We have a cruise in 2 weeks and was just talking about how great it is not to have to haul all that dress up stuff. I mean it was the works back 25 years ago. Casual as all get out now. Love it.

Last cruise we had the 7 night dining package and ended up cancelling LeBistro because my husband didn't even bring a jacket and that was the dress code.

We have a cruise in 2 weeks and was just talking about how great it is not to have to haul all that dress up stuff. I mean it was the works back 25 years ago. Casual as all get out now. Love it.

When did they stop the jacket requirement at Le Bistro? I like that I don't have to bring one on NCL.

I wore a jacket to Le Cirque in New York City. Had a great dinner. Highly recommend it.

When did they stop the jacket requirement at Le Bistro? I like that I don't have to bring one on NCL.

I wore a jacket to Le Cirque in New York City. Had a great dinner. Highly recommend it.

I've been going to Le Bistro for the last nine years and there's never been a jacket requirement.

• 2 weeks later...