Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

Claire and I are about to embark on our 27 day (maybe more) adventure on or favorite Princess Ship.

The beautiful Regal Princess will shine as the first of a long line of Ocean Medallion Class Cruise Ships. We don't exactly know what is in store for us but are looking forward with baited breath to the possibilities of new adventures, old friends and another dose of "come back new" and "Escape completely".

We look forward to seeing you there (or telling you about our experience) as we make History as the first (paying) passengers on the seas of new possibilities for fun, fun and did I mention fun!

We will sign in LIVE at our first opportunity and share our adventure.

Join in the conversation, ask questions, answer them I you can. This is my first time doing this and I will try to get the answers you need and, as just a passenger, unravel the unknown wonders of these first cruises.

2 day and counting,

John McGbbon

We board her on the 13th for the 2-day voyage. There was no expectation we would be able to participate in the ***** experience as we are booked in the aft of the ship and it appears that those involved are more in the forward section. Regardless, we couldn't pass up the $49/day pricing along with the Shareholder Benefit and the $50 OBC we get once aboard, the voyage is almost free and certainly cheaper than staying home. The addition of going to Nassau, which we haven't sailed to in 25 years, makes it a great experience.

It will be interesting to see how the ***** experience works during this initial phase. We will be on the Regal Princess in February and I'm sure it will be available and working just fine on the entire ship.

For everyone on this voyage, I'm sure we'll have a great sailing and it will be fun.

We'll be on board for the 2 day cruise and we are in one of the cabins in the pilot so will chime in on this thread.

Downloaded the Social Ocean app and set up my tagalong character. That's about all you can do ahead of time at the moment.

Kristin

I'm also interested in hearing how this will play out.

I currently keep my cruise card in a small leather wallet we received from Princess along with some singles (for tips) and a credit card and photo ID for returning to ship.

I have no idea where I'll keep the medallion since I don't like a dangling necklace nor a wristband.

I'm looking forward to your posts. We'll be sailing on the Regal 12/3, we aren't in one of the ***** cabins, but that's OK. I'm just happy to be away from work for 2 weeks:cool: . This is our first time on the Regal, so looking forward to hearing all about your cruise.

I'm also interested in hearing how this will play out.

I currently keep my cruise card in a small leather wallet we received from Princess along with some singles (for tips) and a credit card and photo ID for returning to ship.

I have no idea where I'll keep the medallion since I don't like a dangling necklace nor a wristband.

I'm with you...where will I keep the medallion?

Somebody posted an unboxing of the medallion on youtube the other day

Thanks for posting this! Part of me kinda wishes you would just have one ***** you use for all your cruises. Seems kind of wasteful to get a new one each cruise.

Can’t wait to try this out, guess I’m gonna have to go find us an ***** to book! Sadly I don’t think our PC cruise on the Coral in 19 will have it.

Thanks for posting this! Part of me kinda wishes you would just have one ***** you use for all your cruises. Seems kind of wasteful to get a new one each cruise.

Can’t wait to try this out, guess I’m gonna have to go find us an ***** to book! Sadly I don’t think our PC cruise on the Coral in 19 will have it.

I agree. Especially since its all electronic and you put in most of the info before the cruise.

Looking forward to it as well. Looks like fun!

I agree. Especially since its all electronic and you put in most of the info before the cruise.

I think they have a battery inside them so I’m guessing they have a limited life.

Nothing you enter actually goes into the device. The device simply contains an ID which is linked to your information on a server. You actually should not need to consistently reenter information because of this. They just assign the new device to your account information on the server. This is also how they can just give you a new one if you lose it on board.