Advice Needed With Aft Balcony Cabin on Azura

janny444

Hi....we are considering our first aft balcony cabin....had balcony cabins before but never an aft cabin... on Azura for a cruise to the Fjords.

I would appreciate some help with choice of cabins between R748...C752/753....B 754/B755.

I know on R deck there could be possible noise but not sure if aft cabins are affected. Any info ....both pros & cons... on these cabins would be greatly appreciated.

Also are aft cabins more " desirable" than a standard balcony ....especially on a Fjord cruise?

Hi....we are considering our first aft balcony cabin....had balcony cabins before but never an aft cabin... on Azura for a cruise to the Fjords.

I would appreciate some help with choice of cabins between R748...C752/753....B 754/B755.

I know on R deck there could be possible noise but not sure if aft cabins are affected. Any info ....both pros & cons... on these cabins would be greatly appreciated.

Also are aft cabins more " desirable" than a standard balcony ....especially on a Fjord cruise?

C752, C753 B754 and B755 are my preferred cabins whenever we are on Azura or Ventura. We prefer C752 and B754 because they are on the port side of the ship and we once found that we could smell cigarette smoke because some passengers smoked heavily on the prom deck on the starboard side though it was only on one cruise so I don't think that it is a major problem.

We were in C752 on Azura to the fjords this year and loved that we had a view of both sides as we sailed in and out of the fjord.

Some people don't like the aft cabins because they say that they can feel movement but we have never been bothered by movement. These cabins are very quiet because there is no foot traffic passing them.

Thank you Josy1953...that was just the information I was looking for. For some reason I had it in my mind that some aft cabins cabins may have an obstructed view...possibly with structure pillars etc.

Yes, some do, but I think that only affects some of the aft suites. We have stayed in an aft Penthouse Suite on Ventura (effectively the same ship) and had no problems with it. There was a metal stanchion within the balcony but it wasn’t in any way an issue as the balcony was huge and it didn’t affect the outlook. It was only a 4 day Cruise and we never went above about 12 knots so we had no vibration or movement whatsoever. I suspect that there will be some at higher speeds but not terribly problematic. Like others have said, it is very quiet with no noise from passing passengers at night. We wouldn’t touch another aft cabin on Britannia with a barge pole, as we had multiple problems with it, but we wouldn’t hesitate to book another on any of the other ships. I would strongly advise against booking a cabin directly above the show lounge though. We were two floors above it on Britannia and it was still intrusive, so must have been unbearable on the floor below us.

Thank you Josy1953...that was just the information I was looking for. For some reason I had it in my mind that some aft cabins cabins may have an obstructed view...possibly with structure pillars etc.

We did once have a pillar on one of the Princess ships, I can't remember the cabin number but it was not a problem. The 4 cabins that you are looking at definitely have no obstructions, they are corner cabins.

Hi I stayed in R749 and it was a great cabin. Just out the door and up a couple of steps and we were at the pool at the back. Really near the buffet and handy getting back from the pool. Not obstructed and no noise. Loved it!

Not really more desirable - just different. Very much a personal choice, really. More movement than midships, without a doubt, but less than at the stern. Not as much through traffic, usually, but take care, as always, as to what's above and below.

Is the balcony as big in C752 as in the other C deck cabins.?

Hi....now that's a point....wouldn't think so. We have stayed on C deck before and had the double size balconies which in warmer climates is great but I don't think we will be sitting out on the balcony that much in the Fjords in April

So does it get a lot of Sun or not much.?

It gets the sun when the sun is on the back of the ship. If you are a sun bather it maybe a too shaded. I have very pale skin and burn very quickly even using factor 50 so try to avoid the sun as much as possible so I find these cabins better than most balconies as I can usually find some shade while still enjoying being outside.

Thanks Josy,think we will stick with the Port side C deck cabin. we are Sun bathers but refuse to do battle for a bed on the open decks.

That is probably the best option for you when sunbathing is important. We have found that on Fjord cruises you can only see one side of the Fjords so we are thinking with an aft balcony we will see both sides of the beautiful views. I know people say that you can see both sides when arriving and then departing but you have to be up very very early to see the views when arriving and I am afraid that for us we are not such early risers!

We are in E717 on Azura in January. I am concerned about noise from the nightclub below us and having just come off Ventura I am also concerned about vibration and it vibrated a lot at the back of the ship. We were at the front so were ok. I have tried to change to the front of Azura but no deluxe balconies left. I don't know what we were thinking of booking this one. Has anyone stayed in this area on Arura?

We are in E717 on Azura in January. I am concerned about noise from the nightclub below us and having just come off Ventura I am also concerned about vibration and it vibrated a lot at the back of the ship. We were at the front so were ok. I have tried to change to the front of Azura but no deluxe balconies left. I don't know what we were thinking of booking this one. Has anyone stayed in this area on Arura?

I don't know this particular cabin, but I do usually take an aft suite both on Azura and Ventura, without any noise or vibration problems. It's more stable than the forward cabins too.

This might give you some reassurance: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2501912