Sky Owner's Suite Jacuzzi not working!!!

dalmoradie

I am sooooo mad and disappointed! I just got a call from Norwegian telling me that our Jacuzzi in Suite 8201 sailing this Friday 11/24 will not be functional. They offfered us $300 credit.

I told them I am not happy and that this cruise was a surprise for my Mother-in-law and now it is ruined! We originally booked 9201 but moved to 8201 for the bigger jacuzzi when it became available. The agent said 9201's jacuzzi is also not functional.

I AM PISSED!

I didn't say it will totally ruin our cruise, I meant it ruined our surprise Christmas gift.

I'm just saying that we paid a lot of money for this suite and chose it specifically for my Mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Can't you understand why we are all disappointed by this?

We could have just booked a penthouse suite for a lot less money.

I can see how you'd be very disappointed. I would ask for free spa passes for everyone in my room and the credit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, the SKY has no thermal spa, so no Spa passes.

I have written our pre-concierge and requested free Swedish massages instead. It doesn't totally make up for the disappointment of not being able to sit in the jacuzzi while sipping champagne watching the sunset, but at least it's something that will be appreciated by all of us.

Actually you did say that.

"I told them I am not happy and that this cruise was a surprisefor my Mother-in-law and now it is ruined!" Your mom will not be surprised by the cruise because the cabin jacuzzi is not working? Don't you think that having a surprised $300 to spend on board will be something she will happy about? Yes I do see how you can be disappointed, I think anyone would be, but that is far from your cruise being ruined.

Truth is I would never get into one of those in cabin jacuzzis. No telling what previous guests have done there and there is but so much cleaning one can do.

I sincerely hope you (they) have a great cruise, but a jacuzzi not working is nothing to choose to ruin your cruise over.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if you paid over $5k for a 3-night cruise and not get all the benefits of the suite you booked?

My MIL knows we are cruising but she has no idea we are in a suite, let alone the owner's suite with a jacuzzi. My MIL has limited mobility at 88 years old and will probably stay in the suite most of the time. We wanted her to be as comfortable as possible (God forbid this might be her last cruise), and having a jacuzzi where she can relax was a big factor in us choosing this particular suite.

Will it ruin the cruise for us? NO, but it is still disappointing.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if you paid over $5k for a 3-night cruise and not get all the benefits of the suite you booked?

Wow, 5K for a 3 night cruise! I guess I got a great deal on our 14 day cruise on the BA in a Spa Balcony for $4400

Maybe they can move you?

Edited by Laszlo

Not to derail the thread but I had always thought that hot tubs/Jacuzzis were a big no-no for older senior citizens. I guess that's due to chance of slipping, overly warm water affecting blood pressure, reputation of harboring viruses and germs, etc.

Regardless, I hope all of you have a fun cruise. It will be a great surprise.

My MIL knows we are cruising but she has no idea we are in a suite, let alone the owner's suite with a jacuzzi. My MIL has limited mobility at 88 years old and will probably stay in the suite most of the time. We wanted her to be as comfortable as possible (God forbid this might be her last cruise), and having a jacuzzi where she can relax was a big factor in us choosing this particular suite.

Will it ruin the cruise for us? NO, but it is still disappointing.

Holy Smoke! Had no idea that they were that much...for 3 days!!! It appears though that the Jacuzzi has been out of service since you were first alerted to that fact back in Oct. Still disappointing of course.

It's also not recommended for elderly, as immersion in hot water would lead to drop in blood pressure and increase in heart rate. A rapid drop could lead to heart attack.

That may have happened earlier this month on Epic. :(

"Norwegian Epic’s medical team responded to an emergency call from the ship’s Jacuzzi area after a 78-year-old female guest was reported unresponsive. The emergency team immediately began administering life-saving techniques. After extensive efforts, the guest could not be revived." - NCL CC post

We consulted my MIL's doctor prior to booking this suite and he gave his ok as long as the water is kept at a "WARM" not "HOT" temperature.

I can't believe having your own private jacuzzi in your suite is worth only $300, when as other reviewers have said, that is the main feature of this suite. Without it, it is just like any other suite.

Oh well, after the initial disappointment, we are now in the "nothing we can do but make the best of it" stage.

We will use the OBC for Dinner at Le Bistro and maybe a spa treatment or 2.

Just a thought... isn't it a breach of contract if they advertise the Owner's suite as having a jacuzzi tub and it turns out it is unusable?

No. It broke. Things break. They are offering reasonable compensation. Let it go, you're embarrassing yourself.

Just a thought... isn't it a breach of contract if they advertise the Owner's suite as having a jacuzzi tub and it turns out it is unusable?

1 - An advertisement is not a contract. Your contract is the thing you agreed to when you checked in online. It can be found here: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Guest-Ticket-Contract-11-2015.pdf

2 - If you read the above contract, it will state in several places that what is on the website may change and you have no recourse. Hell, it even says they provide no warranties as to the seaworthiness of the ship!!! (yep, it's in there!)

3 - You gave up your right to sue in the contract. You can file for arbitration in Miami-Dade County.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'd guess that it's covered somewhere in the contract that it is not.