Oosterdam drydock ? and question about cabin

CJcruzer

What work is scheduled for Oosterdam this coming February 2018? Are any cabins getting bathtubs replaced by showers?

Also regarding cabin D4122, what is in the "grey space" on the deck below - opposite the photo gallery area?

I know someone travelling later in the year on Oosterdam, and I said I would pose these questions. Have not been on a Vista ship for awhile.

Thanks!

What work is scheduled for Oosterdam this coming February 2018? Are any cabins getting bathtubs replaced by showers?

Also regarding cabin D4122, what is in the "grey space" on the deck below - opposite the photo gallery area?

I know someone travelling later in the year on Oosterdam, and I said I would pose these questions. Have not been on a Vista ship for awhile.

Thanks!

Gray space on Deck 3 is the main (upper) galley

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Still hoping for input about the upgrade in the coming dry dock at the end of March 2018.Is anyone sailing her who can snoop around and ask crew?

We are on the April 3 TA. IVE MADE THE MISTAKE OF BEING ON SHIPS GOING INTO DRYDOCK and experienced everything from library packing up to halls being recarpeted: to say nothing about the workers who board and add a certain pungence to the Lido.

DRY DOCK could be a separate topic, I think!

Hi!

Still hoping for input about the upgrade in the coming dry dock at the end of March 2018.Is anyone sailing her who can snoop around and ask crew?

We are on the April 3 TA. IVE MADE THE MISTAKE OF BEING ON SHIPS GOING INTO DRYDOCK and experienced everything from library packing up to halls being recarpeted: to say nothing about the workers who board and add a certain pungence to the Lido.

DRY DOCK could be a separate topic, I think!

Checking out the oosterdam schedule it appears the dry dock is just before your cruise. It arrives in Fort Lauderdale on March 20 and does not sail again until April 3 so my guess this is a two week update. I believe they are finishing up some things from last dry dock, refreshing some carpets and doing major cleanings but there could be other projects.

Oosterdam will be at the Grand Bahama shipyard in Freeport from 20 March until 02 April. Besides standard maintenance, she is scheduled to get the EXC (Explorations Central) conversion of her Crow's Nest incl. the relocation of her shorex team, future cruise consultant and EXC guide (the former location guide position) up there from Deck 1. Her Atrium Bar on Deck 1 will be removed as, I believe, will be the staircase from Deck 1 to Deck 2 however, the conversion of the "Rijksmuseum at Sea" addition there is unknown at this time. The former FCC space on Deck 1 starboard side will get two internet stations

Oosterdam will be at the Grand Bahama shipyard in Freeport from 20 March until 02 April. Besides standard maintenance, she is scheduled to get the EXC (Explorations Central) conversion of her Crow's Nest incl. the relocation of her shorex team, future cruise consultant and EXC guide (the former location guide position) up there from Deck 1. Her Atrium Bar on Deck 1 will be removed as, I believe, will be the staircase from Deck 1 to Deck 2 however, the conversion of the "Rijksmuseum at Sea" addition there is unknown at this time. The former FCC space on Deck 1 starboard side will get two internet stations

Hi John,

Do you know if Oosterdam is having the shops conversion before or during the drydock ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looking to book oosterdam in november. my current hal brochure dates back to 2016 which shows a somewhat gaudy decoration scheme for both signature suites and verandas. the hal website shows much more subdued colours for both types of cabin. can anyone clarify if the cabins are as per the website. additionally how frequently do hal offer upsells from veranda to sig suites.

Any input will be greatly appreciated