Drinks Onboard

janetz

Hi all. Right now I am doing no more then 20 carbs a day, losing some weight. Food will not be an issue.

With our cruise next week, I am thinking of the alcoholic drinks onboard.

I love Martini's , sweet wine and all those other fluffy drinks they offer.

What to do?:confused:

I like gin and tonics, but no diet tonic onboard.

A dry martini is not for me.

Does anyone have ideas on dressing up a no carb drink with Crystal Light or something else?

Thanks ahead! :D

Vodka and soda is only 66-80 calories depending who you believe, and 1 gram of carbs. Adding a Crystal Light packet would add no more than 10 calories. Rum and soda would work well too. And obviously you could use diet sodas too, depending what your cruise line offers.

If you want to be a little fancier, a wine spritzer would be around 2-to-4 grams of carbs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Vodka and soda is only 66-80 calories depending who you believe, and 1 gram of carbs. Adding a Crystal Light packet would add no more than 10 calories. Rum and soda would work well too. And obviously you could use diet sodas too, depending what your cruise line offers.

If you want to be a little fancier, a wine spritzer would be around 2-to-4 grams of carbs.

but alcohol slows down fat burning itself.

• 2 months later...

Learn to drink scotch, bourbon, etc on the rocks. ;)

I told my doctor I was on keto and asked him for a prescription for scotch. It read "take 1.5-3ozs over ice before dinner". I took a bottle on my last cruise and when stopped, showed the cruise line guy the prescription.

Okay, I'm kidding. I didn't have a prescription and didn't get stopped but I followed the directions anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I drink decent tequila on the rocks and ask for a couple extra lime wedges. The other option is to mix whatever you like with diet soda, but personally I find that often stalls me whereas tequila or bourbon on the rocks don't. Most hard liquor has no carbs, but watch out for things like Captain Morgan and flavored liquor. Sadly, no more pretty frozen drinks for me.