Taking a laptop on Rhapsody of the Seas

What’s the best way to secure my laptop? Will it fit in the room safe? Thank you!

I would be more concerned about a fellow passenger stealing from you than a crew member. The staff value their sacred position/ job and would never want to be the center of being accused of theft. Their entire career, earning capabilities and their family at home depend on this most valuable possession of a job. Every cruise line is adamant concerning honesty with the staff.

I think the key is to keep it and all valuables out of sight. I don't worry about the cabin stewart, but I DO worry about other passengers who can see valuables from the open doorway while the cabin is being cleaned. The CS tend to prop the door open while they are in the bathroom cleaning. Would be super easy for someone to just waltz right in and pick up something portable.

DH keeps his laptop in the closet on one of the shelves underneath the safe, in between a pile of tee shirts. Totally invisible unless someone is actively looking for it. He used to use the locks that you can attach to the laptop, but feels that they made it more noticeable.

Those steel cables are useless by the way. You mean those kingston steel cable lock things right? We use them at work and one time we were moving floors and my coworker had lost her key. You know what we did? Just grabbed the laptop then gave it a firm tug and leaned a bit and it busted the plastic tab holding it in near the laptop and it was free. It's useless.

Those steel cables are useless by the way. You mean those kingston steel cable lock things right? We use them at work and one time we were moving floors and my coworker had lost her key. You know what we did? Just grabbed the laptop then gave it a firm tug and leaned a bit and it busted the plastic tab holding it in near the laptop and it was free. It's useless.

Yeah, I had a similar issue with mine, and broke the lock altogether.

But, it would I think be enough to stop someone who's walking by while the steward is cleaning the balcony type of thing.

I wouldn't be worried about an employee stealing anything in a cruise ship.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app