Panama Canal and Panama City Photos

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:56 PM.
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
As many times as we have transited the Panama Canal and also visited Panama City we look forward to doing it again in the future.

Florida
5,891 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Nice collection Keith, thanks for posting. While the Canal is always the star attraction, Panama has such history with so much to see... I am amazed at the number of cruises that don't offer a port call in Panama along with the transit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BB
"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me!"
"Is it ignorance or is it apathy? ... I don't know and I don't care!"
S.S. Badger R/T from Manitowoc June 02
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Beachlover1989
Thank you for sharing your photos! We leave in 38 days for our Panama Canal cruise and this makes me so excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
You are very welcome.

I wish you a great cruise.

Keith
1,647 Posts
Joined May 2009
Great pictures Keith. Many fond memories of Canal operations and our former life in the Canal Zone. We're bringing two other couples with us on our Celebrity Reflection cruise in November that has one day in Panama. Counting the days!
near Lake Huron, Canada
4,361 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Yippee! More pictures from Keith.
Thank you for posting your great pictures.
These bring back great memories of our visit to the canal. Maybe someday we'll go back.
And thanks again for all the pictures you've posted from your various travels. Places we've seen, hope to see or, maybe, never get to see in person. But I enjoy looking at them all.
Hope you enjoy many more cruises and share them here.
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by BridgeMates
Great pictures Keith. Many fond memories of Canal operations and our former life in the Canal Zone. We're bringing two other couples with us on our Celebrity Reflection cruise in November that has one day in Panama. Counting the days!
Glad you enjoyed the photos and wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Keith
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by puppycanducruise
Yippee! More pictures from Keith.
Thank you for posting your great pictures.
These bring back great memories of our visit to the canal. Maybe someday we'll go back.
And thanks again for all the pictures you've posted from your various travels. Places we've seen, hope to see or, maybe, never get to see in person. But I enjoy looking at them all.
Hope you enjoy many more cruises and share them here.
You are very welcome and thank you for the nice comments.

Keith
Eastern Oregon
532 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Keith,
We are going on our 2nd Panama Canal cruise in Jan. 2019 and are interested in spending time in Casco Viejo. Since it looked like some of your pictures were possibly from there, I was wondering if you had any ideas about a private tour (for 4 of us). We want plenty of time to wander about there & are afraid the Princess excursion wouldn't offer enough time (also, we prefer not to use ship excursions unless absolutely necessary). I am having a hard time, though, finding a private excursion and would appreciate any info you might have.
Thanks!
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
For this excursion we booked the private tour through the cruise line so I am so very sorry I can't provide you with a private tour company.

Keith
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by CM1984
Thank you Keith, I so hope we can cruise the canal next year. Any cruise line suggestions?
I think you have lots of options. Some of this will come down to budget and the length of the cruise you prefer.

Some lines that come to mind are Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, Crystal.

Keith
Virginia
274 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Originally posted by Keith1010
I think you have lots of options. Some of this will come down to budget and the length of the cruise you prefer.

Some lines that come to mind are Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, Crystal.

Keith
Keith, I just went through all of your pictures again, and am dreaming! We have all the info. we need for HAL Zuiderdam for 11/25-12/5/2018 - so it's just getting my DH to commit, I think. I need to show him your Thread!
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by CM1984
Keith, I just went through all of your pictures again, and am dreaming! We have all the info. we need for HAL Zuiderdam for 11/25-12/5/2018 - so it's just getting my DH to commit, I think. I need to show him your Thread!
This is wonderful.

I hope you are successful.

Keith
Ontario
146 Posts
Joined May 2006
Thank you for your beautiful photos. We booked today for April 2020. Never too soon to research!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCI Navigator - Western - July 2004
Disney Wonder - April 2005
RCI Navigator - Eastern - July 2006
Disney Magic - April 2007
RCI Jewel - Eastern - March 2008
RCI Vision - Southern - March 2009
HAL Volendam - Alaska - Sept 2010
HAL Zaandam - Alaska land/sea - June 2015
NCL Price of America - Hawaii - May 2018
HAL Rotterdam - Panama Canal transit - Feb 2020
102,132 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by onelegcraig
Thank you for your beautiful photos. We booked today for April 2020. Never too soon to research!
You are very welcome.

I agree. It's never too early to do the research and is part of what makes for a wonderful trip.
Keith