So, what ships are serving diamond drinks in the MDR at Dinner?

My understanding is that the 3 drinks are available at any bar not the dining room during the same hours that the diamond lounge is open.

Yes, that was the understanding, but in the last 6 months people have reported otherwise on some ships. I am trying to figure out which ones.

So, far we are sure of Oasis, and possibly, Allure, Harmony and Symphony.

JC

My understanding is that the 3 drinks are available at any bar not the dining room during the same hours that the diamond lounge is open.

Drinks were served in the MDR on Allure in April. We were told that it is available on "Oasis" class only. Will try on Anthem next week and see where it goes.:D

So, only Oasis class, it hasn’t migrated to any others?

JC

I'm glad you asked, nobody has brought it up lately, but for my last two cruises it was hard enough even for people with the drink packages to get a drink in the MDR. I had a great cruise on Adventure last year, but getting a drink in the MDR wasn't part of it.

I don't know why they started allowing people to use them in the MDR at all. The idea behind the vouchers was for people ot use them in other BARS in order to alleviate some of the crowding in the lounges during Happy Hour.

I know no one asked that:halo:

I have read here that some ships are serving Diamond drinks 3 per night per person in the MDR for dinner. So, what ships have reported this happening?

Nobody took me up when I asked this in a thread.

JC

I tried to get this information a few months ago and keep a current list and was unsuccessful. Are you going to try to keep a running list post every now and again?

To add to your list, Enchantment (just last week) was a NO

Majesty in July was NO

Brilliance in April was a NO ( although the concierge said it was allowable)

Thx

M

I don't know why they started allowing people to use them in the MDR at all. The idea behind the vouchers was for people ot use them in other BARS in order to alleviate some of the crowding in the lounges during Happy Hour.

I know no one asked that:halo:[/quotte

Because many Paxs were bringing drinks to the MDR from bars and the D Lounge.

I know no one asked that:halo:

Because it's a pain to stop at the bar, get a drink and carry it in.

Last ship was Brilliance and they allowed it. I would just ask on the first night.

We prefer to bring our drinks in with us. The assistant waiters, who usually get the drinks, are so overwhelmed with their regular duties that taking them away to fill drink orders slows down everything else.

Gone are the days when you’d walk in and your drink was waiting for you at your seat.

I know no one asked that:halo:[/quotte

Because many Paxs were bringing drinks to the MDR from bars and the D Lounge.

I always do. I know I am a bad bad human being.:evilsmile::halo::')

JC

I think allowing you to order in the mdr is a great idea.

We usually have dinner early, so we probably wouldn't have time to get to the Diamond Lounge before dinner and if we wanted, say a cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner, that seems a lot more convenient than walking in carrying two glasses.

Why would allowing this bother anyone?

Thanks for asking this, OP.