Boarding pass changes

Hi cruisers: Printed my boarding passes for our Aug. cruise and Oct Oasis cruise a couple weeks ago and has the standard format used the last few years. Oasis showed Suite, and C&A status. New Oasis boarding passes now on site and one for each cruiser. Totally different format state to print one for each cruiser in suite.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

The change is because you won't get your SeaPass cards until staterooms open, so each person needs their own document for charging.

Bob, Did they just start that on Oasis ? I know they had that on some of the other ships in this class and you didn't get cards until in cabin. Another Royal wonderful addition especially if some info in incorrect on card that could be reprinted right at desk. Thanks for your response as usual Bob. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

Bob, Did they just start that on Oasis ? I know they had that on some of the other ships in this class and you didn't get cards until in cabin. Another Royal wonderful addition especially if some info in incorrect on card that could be reprinted right at desk. Thanks for your response as usual Bob. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

I don't know if it just started on Oasis. Our first encounter with the new procedure was on Adventure last month, so it seems to be making it's way around the fleet.

I don't know if it just started on Oasis. Our first encounter with the new procedure was on Adventure last month, so it seems to be making it's way around the fleet.

Just catching up on this change. So, if you board at say, 11:30am, and rooms aren't available until 1pm how do you get your seapass card? Are they in the rooms? I know they did this on Harmony so is that becoming the fleetwide procedure?

Just catching up on this change. So, if you board at say, 11:30am, and rooms aren't available until 1pm how do you get your seapass card? Are they in the rooms? I know they did this on Harmony so is that becoming the fleetwide procedure?

Your seapass cards will be in your room. You use your set sail pass for charges until the rooms open.

Your seapass cards will be in your room. You use your set sail pass for charges until the rooms open.

I know this is how it works on Harmony, and now others, but how fleetwide is this? Do we know?

Asking specifically for Freedom at this point. We'll be on Adventure in March and looks like it's active on her.

I just sailed on the enchantment last week. When we checked in they gave us our seapass card same as usual like they’ve been doing for several years. On the set sail pass it’s specifically said the Seapass cards would be at our cabins when we boarded at this turned out to not be true. Also the lady checking us in said she didn’t know anything about it and had never heard of it.

I know this is how it works on Harmony, and now others, but how fleetwide is this? Do we know?

Asking specifically for Freedom at this point. We'll be on Adventure in March and looks like it's active on her.

It is active on Adventure now, while Adventure is sailing out of beautiful, gorgeous Bayonne. However, there's no way to know if the new process will be in force when Adventure moves to Port Everglades.

I don't understand why having the cards in the room is an improvement.:rolleyes: For the cruiseline OR the guest.

I agree- even on the big ships it only takes a minute or 2 for them to get your Sea Pass card. I just don't see what time or money it saves.

Also not sure how it works if you want to use one of your coupons such as beer or wine BOGO before you get to your room to get your card.

I agree- even on the big ships it only takes a minute or 2 for them to get your Sea Pass card. I just don't see what time or money it saves.

Also not sure how it works if you want to use one of your coupons such as beer or wine BOGO before you get to your room to get your card.

They scan the barcode on your set sail pass for any drink purchases, so it should also work to call up any coupons.

They scan the barcode on your set sail pass for any drink purchases, so it should also work to call up any coupons.

I agree. The coupon info is not stored on the SeaPass card, it's stored in the ship's guest database. The SetSail and SeaPass just act to access to proper records in the database.

I agree. The coupon info is not stored on the SeaPass card, it's stored in the ship's guest database. The SetSail and SeaPass just act to access to proper records in the database.

Whew that's a load off of my mind:halo:

Fewer check-in agents needed.

I'm still not convinced.

I will use a recent Celebrity cruise as an example (not the same, I know.)

We received our cards, but the notation of CAL was not printed on the card. We know this is the indication that the drink package was included. We noticed it, and the agent was able to fix it right there on the spot. Now if we did not notice this until we received the card in our cabin, we would have had to stand in the long, first day, line at Guest Services.

Other notations may be visible on Royal Caribbean's cards??

I don't understand why having the cards in the room is an improvement.:rolleyes: For the cruiseline OR the guest.

For customer, speeds checkin do shorter lines. Not sure why roll eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums