Wind / Barbados - Lisbon

JackTarr

Dear all,

As a new visitor to these boards, I'm very impressed with the amount of experience on display. I'm wondering if I can tap into some of that knowledge.

I have previously enjoyed a trans-Atlantic crossing (London-NY) aboard the Whisper. Now I am contemplating the April '06 crossing Barbados-Lisbon aboard the Wind.

I have two questions.

1. Having enjoyed the facilities and wide range of company aboard the Whisper, will I find the Wind a little on the cramped side? (I am a late 30-something single, if that matters).

2. How will the weather on the Southern N. Atlantic in April compare with the Northern N. Atlantic in October? I don't mind a little choppiness, I'm thinking more about being able to use the pool deck to full advantage.

Any pointers you can provide would be much appreciated!

hi jack tarr,

i did a crossing from barbados to barcelona (on on to rome) last year on the whisper. have also sailed on the cloud and wind and there are two things to keep in mind. altho they are smaller than the whisper they also carry 100 fewer passengers. also on my whisper crossing there were only i40 passengers and ill bet yours will be lightly populated as well.crfossings just dont get as many passengers as regular cruises. not everyone loves sea days as much as i do ( and apparently you as well or you wouldnt have booked this trip.) rest assured, even if full, you wont feel at all cramped on the wind. it has all the lounges and public rooms you will need. as for the pool deck only the weather will dictate how much time you get to spend there. ironically, last year in april the atlantic was very smooth and it wasnt until we hit the mediterranean that the waters got a little choppy. nothing to worry about tho. im sure youll have a wonderful voyage. enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We have dear friends who are going to Europe for the first time this May. The wife, Vellma, who plays bridge with me and several other ladies, is so excited she is dreaming about her packing. I think it is so cute, I have given her several books, but she can't believe I wander around Florence alone. I told her about your posts here, UK-1. They are so special regarding the Nice stop.

In case she didn't look at the web site as I suggested, I think I will print your wonderful information.

Regards to All,

Shannon

Archived