Just booked 9-23 Nice to Barcelona

A Tucson Guy

We have been on three Radisson cruises and had a great time. Some friends have raved about Silverseas so we decided to try it. What can we expect to be different from RSSC good or bad. Any feed back would be appreciated.

TIA

Al LaPeter

The difference is in service and other small things like thicker bath towels or far superior selection of cheeses. I found the service on Radisson is good enough but not smooth or as professional though they try hard. If you are a bottom line kind of person, only look at the tangibles such as room size and price, Radisson may be a better deal. What cannot be measured and what attracts me to SS is the subtle but definite difference in service. It makes the whole experience so much more pleasant. The one Radisson cruise I was on there were some tour groups and it affected the tone of the cruise for me. I haven't seen tour groups on Silversea, and I appreciate that. By the way the shows on both ships are about equal, nothing to write home about, and doesn't compare to big production of mass market lines. I like lectures on SS better than Radisson, but I imagine it depends on who they managed to book.

Just a comment- this site is a lot more "quiet" than the RSSC site. I wonder why that is. Any thoughts out there. If I had posted the opposite question on RSSC site, I think there would have been a lot more responses.

PS- this is not a criticisim of this site.

Just a comment- this site is a lot more "quiet" than the RSSC site. I wonder why that is. Any thoughts out there. If I had posted the opposite question on RSSC site, I think there would have been a lot more responses.

PS- this is not a criticisim of this site.

This is just a guess on my part,but I think the majority of SS cruiser's would not post on the boards.there are some of us who do,but we are in the minority.RSSC proably has a lot more who wish to share their experiences.I think I speak for some on the board..we do like to help if we can and we like to share what we know.Happy cruising.

Archived