butler

meow!

Silversea has just announced on their website the introduction of butler service for the larger suites (though we won't be able to afford these), namely, the royal, the grand, the owner and the Rossellini suites. Where on the ships are the Rossellini suites? The butlers will be certified English butlers, those who have a certificate, and presumably professionals, rather than just crew members designated with extra duties. Any comments? Thank you.

Silversea has just announced on their website the introduction of butler service for the larger suites (though we won't be able to afford these), namely, the royal, the grand, the owner and the Rossellini suites. Where on the ships are the Rossellini suites? The butlers will be certified English butlers, those who have a certificate, and presumably professionals, rather than just crew members designated with extra duties. Any comments? Thank you.

Not for me,but then I am not in those suites either.I am sure there will be takers.The R Suites on the Cloud/Wind are 701 and 702,and on the Shadow/Whisper are802 and 701.Can't remember what they were called before the new ad campaign.

What a waste of time. We had 801 on one of our trips on Whisper last year and I'm puzzled as to what a butler would do that you couldn't acheived by simply picking up the phone in ANY suite. I'd hate it - and he'd hate me hating it.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Wind where we had a butler .....FOOEY!!!!!

He did no more than was done before by very competent crew members.It is an absolute waste of money.In fact in some instances we had poorer service. On the last day when the final statements are given out during the night..............ours wasn't delivered until 7:30 AM..cause "the butler" was giving them out. From now on I will make sure that I receive mine at the same time as everyone else. Also there is the element of losing one's privacy. I had to keep reminding our butler to wait until I answered the door , and not just to ring & enter!!!! In fact, if at all possible, I will request that we eliminate the butler for us, as long as we are on the ship.

Archived