Live from Meraviglia

Beamafar

There are 2 hot-tubs on the One Pool decks of the Fantasia class ships. It's very surprising that they only have 1 on Meraviglia with more YC cabins onboard. :confused:

That's good to know if our next cruise will be the Divina cruise we are thinking about!

That's good to know if our next cruise will be the Divina cruise we are thinking about!

You will find the Yacht Club area on Divina quite different to the one on Meraviglia, SC. There are only 3 decks as opposed to Meraviglia's 5 decks. The concierge area is much nicer, with seating. The stairs are Swarovski crystal. The buffet in the Top Sail Lounge is U-shaped with more, better offerings throughout the day. You have to walk the length of the ship on specific decks to get to the Yacht Club restaurant - this has both negative and positive aspects. There is a dedicated elevator from Yacht Club to the Spa area. The bathroom comprises of a bathtub with overhead shower, unlike the fabulous shower on Meraviglia. The cabins, generally, are narrower - similar to regular balcony cabins - unless you're fortunate enough to get one of the few 'square' ones. They are more like Meraviglia's Yacht Club balcony cabins. We've been very lucky to get one for our next Yacht Club sailing.

On our cruise the hot tub was not empty often.

If I shall find things that are better in NCLs Haven compared to the Yacht Club one thing is that they have 2 hot tubs in the courtyard and that was better!

Hi can you tell me how the hot tub on your balcony worked?

Did you fill it up and leave it?

Did it keep warm or did you have to re fill every time you used it? H

ow long did it take to fill ???

And which suite were you in ?

I read your post on the NCL line about trying MSC so interested to read your thoughts on YC

Thank you

Hi can you tell me how the hot tub on your balcony worked?

Did you fill it up and leave it?

Did it keep warm or did you have to re fill every time you used it? H

ow long did it take to fill ???

And which suite were you in ?

I read your post on the NCL line about trying MSC so interested to read your thoughts on YC

Thank you

No I can't because we didn't had a hot tub!

You will find the Yacht Club area on Divina quite different to the one on Meraviglia, SC. There are only 3 decks as opposed to Meraviglia's 5 decks. The concierge area is much nicer, with seating. The stairs are Swarovski crystal. The buffet in the Top Sail Lounge is U-shaped with more, better offerings throughout the day. You have to walk the length of the ship on specific decks to get to the Yacht Club restaurant - this has both negative and positive aspects. There is a dedicated elevator from Yacht Club to the Spa area. The bathroom comprises of a bathtub with overhead shower, unlike the fabulous shower on Meraviglia. The cabins, generally, are narrower - similar to regular balcony cabins - unless you're fortunate enough to get one of the few 'square' ones. They are more like Meraviglia's Yacht Club balcony cabins. We've been very lucky to get one for our next Yacht Club sailing.

Most of the differences feels good for me.

We don't mind to walk for a while to come to the restaurant. We have had three suites with access to the Haven and two of them were located outside the Haven. The walk to the restaurant never felt as a problem.

Dear Bea,

Your YC posts are just what we (future YC cruisers - for us it will be April 2018) were looking for. Thank you for the time and effort put into your reports live onboard, greatly appreciated.

We have the Royal Suite on our cruise. I haven't heard or seen any information or pictures so any info you can get your hands on would be fantastic!

Just let the information, pictures, photos and menus and more come our way so we can already look forward to our future cruise!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Forums

We are Royal Suite in April too! I think there are only two of them on board? What is your itinerary?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mmmm all calories free at sea eh Bea! Those desserts look yum! :D

Please if you can also report what you do at each port stop. that would be great and whether you do it under your own steam or through MSC as we are still picking for our cruise and can't decide for some ports! Marseille is a tough one!

Check out the Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book. Great ideas, self directed walking tours, free ztours on his audio app. We used his information so much. We just returned home this week after 2 weeks in Italy. Also, try Pinterest. People joke about it, but it's great for vacation planning. We are from Boston and Pinterest linked me to some awesome travel articles from the U.K. Telegraph. We never would have found the gorgeous beaches of Albarese, which was an incredible day on the way from Tuscany driving to Rome.

Check out the Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports book. Great ideas, self directed walking tours, free ztours on his audio app. We used his information so much. We just returned home this week after 2 weeks in Italy. Also, try Pinterest. People joke about it, but it's great for vacation planning. We are from Boston and Pinterest linked me to some awesome travel articles from the U.K. Telegraph. We never would have found the gorgeous beaches of Albarese, which was an incredible day on the way from Tuscany driving to Rome.

Thanks for the tip :). We just downloaded his app and it looks great and will save us some money. I'll check out pinterest as well.

Hi CF.......................... I've no idea what the charge is for room service breakfast, sorry! I'll be onboard in a few weeks time - I could find out then for you if that's timely enough and if you don't get a response beforehand.

A guarantee cabin booking is a lottery - you never know what you'll be assigned - it tends to be an upgrade on the guaranteed category you've booked - though not always. For instance, we booked a guarantee Fantastica balcony last year and were assigned an Aurea suite - though we just got the Fantastica 'Experience'.

If you've booked then breakfast will be covered on your tickets under the experience details. However I think free room service breakfast is only part of the Aurea experience.

If you've booked then breakfast will be covered on your tickets under the experience details. However I think free room service breakfast is only part of the Aurea experience.

Free room service breakfast is included for all 'Experiences' other than 'Bella', RC. 'Bella' cabins incur a charge for the service.

Skier52 (Pete) has posted the table of 'Experience' benefits here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53659468&postcount=20

If you look under the "Comfort" heading, third item down indicates this.

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't post some of the dinner menus. I've gone thru' the thread and I see that the ones I did are in posts #88, 99, 108, 130 and 155. They correspond to nights 3-7. So it's just the first 2 nights that I missed. This was due to problems with wifi and trying to familiarise myself with a new phone whilst trying to get around a new ship all in the first couple of days. Apologies ............ the following photos are per request from Gjoska.

It's the Yacht Club room service menu - hence no prices as YC is all-inclusive! :)

Your photos and updates are fantastic! Question for you: are these the only items available as room service in the YC? In the Haven you have access to the full Haven menu as room service. Our Haven butler served white glove breakfast and dinner. We are in one of the Royal Suites in April on the Meraviglia. No worries of course if you didn't come across this in your trip. Our TA might be able to dig up the answer. Thanks again! This is a lot of work that you've done for sure.

Your photos and updates are fantastic! Question for you: are these the only items available as room service in the YC? In the Haven you have access to the full Haven menu as room service. Our Haven butler served white glove breakfast and dinner. We are in one of the Royal Suites in April on the Meraviglia. No worries of course if you didn't come across this in your trip. Our TA might be able to dig up the answer. Thanks again! This is a lot of work that you've done for sure.

That's the only room service you get on MSC ships, C. I know that on Celebrity the butler will serve lunch and/or dinner in the suite as we've experienced this. It doesn't happen in Yacht Club. This was our 4th Yacht Club experience so it's not just on Meraviglia - the policy is fleet-wide.

Re the hot-tub - I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would pay such an exorbitant extra for the private use of one when there's one available in the One Pool area that is empty more often than not.

For us, the appeal of the Royal wasn't the hot tub. We aren't hot tub people. We wanted a separate sleeping area for our kids while still being in the YC. We had to pay full price for the kids even though it's my understanding that kids cruise free in other parts of the ship but not in YC. Our Royal is the same daily rate (total daily for the 4 of us) on the Meraviglia as it was on the Getaway in a Haven 2bedroom, 2bath family balcony suite. It was also a better price than two YC rooms. For just my husband and I, we would have booked a smaller room, no question.

Oh my goodness Bea that lamb.... was it as good as it looks?

Hi Mark ............. it was even better! :D

The food we had onboard was better than on any other cruise we've done in Yacht Club. It was really hard to resist ordering seconds - though we succumbed on more occasions than we should have! I don't have the ability to eat a lot at one sitting, but, boy, did I do my best! ;p

For us, the appeal of the Royal wasn't the hot tub. We aren't hot tub people. We wanted a separate sleeping area for our kids while still being in the YC. We had to pay full price for the kids even though it's my understanding that kids cruise free in other parts of the ship but not in YC. Our Royal is the same daily rate (total daily for the 4 of us) on the Meraviglia as it was on the Getaway in a Haven 2bedroom, 2bath family balcony suite. It was also a better price than two YC rooms. For just my husband and I, we would have booked a smaller room, no question.

I'm not sure now in what context I was referencing the hot-tub - I'd have to look back to see how it came up. I know how I feel about the price of the Aurea suite with hot-tub and reckon that the Yacht Club is a far better value for a similar price. Just compare the experience we had onboard with that outlined in Kikki's thread!

I absolutely understand your need for the space that the Royal suite affords you, C. I hope you didn't take offence at what I said. I don't think I was referencing you at the time or, if I was, that I wasn't aware of your circumstances. I can only imagine saying what I said in relation to someone raving about having a private hot-tub on the deck (which I don't get the attraction of!).