UBP and third person in cabin

ibrinn

Hi Everyone:

We are sailing on the Getaway (Haven aft facing) in November. We received several promotions - two of which are free UBP for the first two in the cabin and third passenger sails free. My question is this - do we have to purchase the UBP for the third person in our cabin or could we put OBC on our account to cover her drinks?

Thanks for your help

You do NOT have to purchase a plan for the 3rd person since the first two got it as a promo. If you had purchased plans yourself, then everyone in the cabin would need to purchase one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone:

We are sailing on the Getaway (Haven aft facing) in November. We received several promotions - two of which are free UBP for the first two in the cabin and third passenger sails free. My question is this - do we have to purchase the UBP for the third person in our cabin or could we put OBC on our account to cover her drinks?

Thanks for your help

Have the TWO that will consume the most be on the UBP and the third can pay with the OBC.

We added our son to one of our next cruises and switched the UBP to him not the DW as she doesn't drink.

Have the TWO that will consume the most be on the UBP and the third can pay with the OBC.

We added our son to one of our next cruises and switched the UBP to him not the DW as she doesn't drink.

You were able to do that? Just got off the Escape on July 31st: my MIL, FIL and SIL were sharing a room. They received the beverage package as a promo for MIL and FIL but wanted to change so FIL and SIL had it. They attempted to make this change pre cruise but they were NOT able to do it.

Interesting... Just so people know don't count on this, as my group was NOT able to do this!

Your group should have changed passenger #3 to passenger #2 and that would have taken care of the switch. Only the listed passengers #1 & #2 get the package pax #3-8 in the list can be moved around so that it reflects who gets the packages. . NCL doesn't charge for switching the documents prior to cruising.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Your group should have changed passenger #3 to passenger #2 and that would have taken care of the switch. Only the listed passengers #1 & #2 get the package pax #3-8 in the list can be moved around so that it reflects who gets the packages. . NCL doesn't charge for switching the documents prior to cruising.

I believe the problem arises when you want to switch passenger 1 to passenger 3. I was always told that passenger 1 is the only one whose name can not be changed or switched as the cabin is in their name and it would then be considered a cancellation and rebooking. Sounds stupid to me but my opinion and $2.75 will get you on the subway. [emoji6]

My TA will be attempting to do this for me in the near future. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Meanwhile, if anyone has had any luck doing that or switching the package from one passenger to another while on board, I'd love to know.

I believe the problem arises when you want to switch passenger 1 to passenger 3. I was always told that passenger 1 is the only one whose name can not be changed or switched as the cabin is in their name and it would then be considered a cancellation and rebooking. Sounds stupid to me but my opinion and $2.75 will get you on the subway. [emoji6]

My TA will be attempting to do this for me in the near future. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Meanwhile, if anyone has had any luck doing that or switching the package from one passenger to another while on board, I'd love to know.

I believe my DW is #1 as the NCL website states her name when I log on and she was able to switch with our sone so he gets the promos. I truly am not sure who is #1 or #2 her name shows up in the edocs.

Originally only DH and I were cruising in November and I was the primary. When DD heard 3rd and 4th were free she wanted to come so I called and DH became primary, she was second so she got the promo, and I became the 3rd "free" passenger. Perhaps it has to do with timing. We did it within a week of the original booking.

The invoice date changed, but the booking date remained the same.

Originally only DH and I were cruising in November and I was the primary. When DD heard 3rd and 4th were free she wanted to come so I called and DH became primary, she was second so she got the promo, and I became the 3rd "free" passenger. Perhaps it has to do with timing. We did it within a week of the original booking.

The invoice date changed, but the booking date remained the same.

Thank you for answering!

I'm glad it worked out for you.

I hope it had nothing to do with timing because we've been booked for over a year.

Thank you for your responses but I didn't ask about switching passengers around. My husband and I are passengers 1 & 2 and my sister is passenger 3. Passengers 1 & 2 have free UBP. I don't know if we have to purchase UPB for passenger 3 or could we buy OBC and use this to cover her drinks. Would the OBC have to be assigned to passenger 3 or is it just attached to cabin. We are Canadians and Norwegian has quoted us $870.00 for the UBP. Cost of $500.00 OBC would be $667.00 and would allow for 6 to 8 drinks per day. Plenty for her. What do you think

Thank you for your responses but I didn't ask about switching passengers around. My husband and I are passengers 1 & 2 and my sister is passenger 3. Passengers 1 & 2 have free UBP. I don't know if we have to purchase UPB for passenger 3 or could we buy OBC and use this to cover her drinks.

Post #2 answered this. I guess you missed it, no problem, here it is again [emoji3]

No, you do not have to purchase an UBP for passenger #3 (because passengers #1 & #2 got it as a promo. Had you purchased the packages yourself, then you would have had to purchase for #3 also.)

You can buy OBC and use it to cover the extra drinks, but you do not need too. You will have to set up an on board account at check in and all purchases will be charged to the card you link your account to.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your responses but I didn't ask about switching passengers around. My husband and I are passengers 1 & 2 and my sister is passenger 3. Passengers 1 & 2 have free UBP. I don't know if we have to purchase UPB for passenger 3 or could we buy OBC and use this to cover her drinks. Would the OBC have to be assigned to passenger 3 or is it just attached to cabin. We are Canadians and Norwegian has quoted us $870.00 for the UBP. Cost of $500.00 OBC would be $667.00 and would allow for 6 to 8 drinks per day. Plenty for her. What do you think

No, you don't have to buy pax 3 UBP

Yes, you purchase OBC for the stateroom and any charges incurred by those travelling in the stateroom will be deducted from that OBC. You cannot specify OBC to be used for "drinks only" so if you didn't pre pay DSC or Excursions etc that also will be deducted from OBC. Just have to have pax 3 stateroom key associated with credit card for room (if she secures her charges with a separate credit card at check in then she opens her own portfolio and not able to use stateroom OBC)

Edited by esm54687